I like this girl but I’m to scared to tell her and to tell her I have my disability — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I like this girl but I’m to scared to tell her and to tell her I have my disability

chewbaccaaa899
chewbaccaaa899 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I don’t know what to do like I really like her and I’m scared to tell her and I’m scared that telling her about my disability will scare her off and make her run in the opposite direction. But then I’m also scared that if I don’t say anything to her the I will be alone. Like I just freak out at the thought of telling her how I feel 

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 
    If you can’t tell her in person why not write her a letter and tell he how you feel.
    I don’t know what your disability is but I’d be honest, if she does want to have a relationship with you then I feel if you don’t be honest it’s not the great start to your relationship, honest is the best policy.
    Good luck 
  • Thomaslambe
    Thomaslambe Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I can understand your anguish. If you've met the girl I'm assuming she has guessed you have a disability. If it's online would your disability really be an issue. I was worried about dating a woman because of my disability. We've been together nearly 6 years. Wishing you well
  • blacklupiefro
    blacklupiefro Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I would tell her because that would really show you if she likes you or not. I met my boyfriend on a dating site called Mingles 2 9 months ago and I wrote that I had a disability and it hasn't affected our relationship because I try not to allow it to control my relationship even though the disabilities have got my life and my boyfriend is very supportive at times I whine and birch to him but he is a real man and he knows how to deal with because that is what grown adults do when they love each other know matter if they have disabilities or not. Go for it and Good Luck.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    At some point you will have to tell her so why not get the potential worry out of the way. Just be simple and straightforward and, if she likes you, she will be ok about it especially if it can be cured or controlled. You are more likely to cause a problem if you try to keep it secret because, at some point, she will feel you are being secretive and that may be more damaging. It does depend though on what your disability is and what sort of relationship you are looking for.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness