Reasons to be cheerful — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reasons to be cheerful

Options
cordypants
cordypants Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
The fact that I have my little girl in my life regardless of her setbacks is reason enough however a really good reason to be cheerful is my 22month old daughter (has CP) got a frame to enable her to take her first steps! 

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wonderful brave girl  <3
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Options
    What a cutie ! Today I was smiling because I went to the job centre to sign on a day early again ! Lol brain fog
  • Zeezee
    Zeezee Community member Posts: 78 Pioneering
    Options
    She really is beautiful ❤ bless her xx
  • Zeezee
    Zeezee Community member Posts: 78 Pioneering
    Options
    Ps I have not seen that kind of frame before. What is the make?
  • cordypants
    cordypants Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you!
    That frame is called a Kid Walk and it’s Leckey. It is brilliant, the one she has actually has light up wheels it’s great, she loves it x
  • sheleia
    sheleia Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello ! For Disability Awareness Day, a group of Student's and Parent's from Nexus Special School in Tonbridge, Kent, performed to 'This is Me' using BSL and PECS. Three weeks prior, none bar one, could sign. They all learned the song and this was the result -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dzZYjneHjA

• thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    I’m happy because my 20 month old boy managed to take his first ever steps in a PT session earlier this week. I have filmed it on video as his therapist was too busy making sure he was safe. 
  • Hamsterchic
    Hamsterchic Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Options
    I may be suffering bit in the Uk's hottest summer going but My orchids seem to be loving it.
  • Lollipop
    Lollipop Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I have so many reasons; I'm alive is one, but the best one is my 3 beautiful granddaughters. The oldest is 13 and like me, completely bonkers. The middle one is a brainy 10 year old, o bit like me and enjoys weaving, also like me. The youngest, at 7 months is just adorable. I call her LaLa, and have done since she was in her mummy tummy. She is mama's little LaLa. Full of smiles and sweet as sugar. So much to be grateful for.
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Options
    My boyfriend encouraged me to try a mobility scooter this week and i loved it. It was great moving about with no pain and just being able to go around a supermarket,although i kept forgetting we were shopping and driving off lol. I think i might have a life soon and be able to go out with my kids. :)

Brightness