Pain in agony — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pain in agony

Lucysam25
Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
I am in agony i control it with tablets and infusion witch i get this Friday i have baclofen 10mg  also naproxen  500mg & amptriplene 10mg plus 25mg and have c p &spina-bifida  ostosproiss & arthritise in my hip & my knees  p s sorry can't spell ?

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I am not sure I can help as I am not clear on what you are asking. Is the medication insufficient? Is the pain unbearable? Also I am not clear on what the "infusion" is, do you know what medication it is and how you take it (oral, patch, injection)?

I can explain some of what you take though.

Baclofen is for spasticity and pain. I was on it years ago but can't remember what for. It is a minimal dose so could easily be increased.

Amitryptylene is for neural pain and depression and is at minimum dose  so could also be increased.

Naproxen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) and also for pain. I think you should check the dosage with your GP. Whatever it's for I found it unhelpful with pain and requested Ibuprofen instead and found it better for me. You could talk to your GP about it.

You stated 25mg of something but not what so cannot help with that but you need to be on something to protect your stomach lining the most common of which is Omeprazol. If you are not on something for this then request to do so or you could suffer stomach ulcer's after prolonged use of an NSAID. Also any NSAID should not be used continuously for years, I did and had some really difficult issues after a few years. I think it is something like a one month break every year. You should discuss this with your GP.

You should definitely see your GP and ask for a "Medication revue" on a regular basis at least once a year. Make sure he explains what each tablet is for and ask why so many different ones instead of one or two at higher dosage.

For your information...... if Amitryptylene is unsuccessful there are a few alternatives. Nortryptylene, Pregabalin, Gebapentin and Duloxetine are all similar in concept and usage.

I hope this helps.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lucysam25 sorry to hear that you are struggling with pain. I too struggle with chronic pain because of CP. I hope the tablets give you some relief. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

Brightness