Functional Neurological Disorder — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Functional Neurological Disorder

susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
I have just been diagnosed with FND, Iv never heard of it before but it explains so much about why I have involuntary body movements, speech issues ontop of various other symptoms.

Im just wondering if anyone else has heard of this.

Thanks

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @susan48 and thank you for sharing thing with us all. I have heard of FND before and do know a bit. The website that is recommended is: https://fndhope.org there is also another one which I can't find at the moment but will keep looking! Please do keep in touch :)
    Scope

• susan48
    Thanks @Chloe_Scope, Iv just found that website, it’s very informative.

thanks for looking for me I appreciate it greatly, Iv had lots of questions I had in my head answered just looking online. It’s been a long time coming, not knowing what my problems were.

I don’t really like labels but when you don’t know what all these things physically that happen are then for me righ now it’s helped .

Thanks again 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem @susan48, the unknown can be extremely daunting! It is really good that you are looking up questions as this period of a diagnosis can be very confusing and you are bound to have questions. I wish you the very best of luck and please do not hesitate to be in touch if you want to talk about this further :)
    Scope

• susan48

Brightness