SUMMER MEMORIES — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SUMMER MEMORIES

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every body with the Summer being hot and sunny. Trying to think of my favourite times .

When it was days like this .  Some how my memories go back to when I lived in a area.  Happy days of organising with parents activities for the local children.  In my capacity as a volunteer with a local charity for children who were disabled.

Sad to see these children knowing the way they were and coping admiringly every day.  No matter what disability they had. I learnt a lot.

Days at the beach, football, other activities.  Going to Museums and Art Galleries.  Every time a story to tell.

Lots of positivity.  Well meaning parents despite the problems there children had encountered and dealt with. They always had a smile a kind word and always for me. With love, warmth and kindness, sensitivity.

I have other Summer memories of travelling up and down this great country. Buying and selling. Doing Markets staying in B&B's  Mainly Summer resorts like Blackpool and Scarborough.

Doing my Northern Soul and Weekenders.  How much energy did I have then. All night dancing in Clubs listening to fab music.  Having parties on the beach. How did I do that?

Only good times, meeting music people and friends some a glimmer became for a passing moment, some became enshrined in my sync for eternity

Why what are your good Summer times.? Every body.

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    What a great post @thespiceman! We started this discussion yesterday and it would be great if you could contribute! https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/46668/where-do-you-like-to-go-thats-accessible
    Scope

• feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Just over a year ago i was taking my kids on walks down the canal, with some butties, it was a nice day out and they enjoyed it. I miss doing that. Until a few years ago we were taking day trips out in blackpool mostly (outside of my town is better than here), even when my kids were toddlers they'd happily spend 10 hours walking round that town and the beach.

I've recently met a disabled guy who gets how my condition affects me, he also has mobility issues too so we have to consider this. We are trying to plan family days out but can't find anywhere where neither of us have to walk far to get to them, he said we can have a picnic in the back garden if we have to.

Brightness