Tick — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tick

Options
cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
When your luck is down it’s down, i was out and about with some friends a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately i was bitten by a tick on my leg, didn’t think much of it after i had pulled it off and just got on with life. After a few days i was feeling like i had run over by a bus , i couldn’t stay awake and my breathing was all over the place, so i got the doctor out and he wasn’t happy so off i went to hospital and after bloods taken and other tests it’s been confirmed today that i have lyme disease. I’m not too bothered but i feel really ill, just not having much luck at the moment. ??

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this @cripps- a few of my friends have lyme disease and I know how awful it can be. At the very least, I'm glad to hear you knew to inform the doctor and you were diagnosed relatively early. My friends also speak very highly of Lyme Disease Action- so their website may be worth a look!
  • cripps
    Options
    Thank you, nice to know there’s good friends out there but at the moment my stomach is rolling around in all directions, trying to get out of bed ? to make a brew but finding it a little hard so if anyone want to come round and help me I’ll much appreciate it ?, thanks for the website I’ll give it a look. I’ve been ill in the past but this has knocked me for six. ??
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    You're getting antibiotics, right?

I had it in 1994. Horrendous. People don't understand how debilitating it is.
  • cripps
    Options
    Hello yes I’m having the antibiotics but that’s the easiest bit, i can’t start to tell everyone how ill I’ve been, I’m still struggling with getting out of bed I’ve not eaten and just getting around is a nightmare. NC

Brightness