PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Concerned about the Coronavirus?

We've put together some helpful information and advice about Covid-19 on our website.

You can also read about: improving your wellbeing, getting food and essentials and claiming benefits during this time.

Disagreed with tribunal decision

angelablaka12angelablaka12 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Can someone please advise me how do I appeal against the decision of the pip tribunal.

Replies

• angelablaka12angelablaka12 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Can someone please advise me how do I appeal against the decision of the pip tribunal. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,513 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    First thing you need to do is email the Tribunal and ask them to send you s copy of the statement of reasons. This will tell you how they came to the decision and what evidence was used. There's no timescales to how long it can take to receive this.

Once you receive this you'll then need to find someone to look at it and find an error in law. IF an error in law is made in making the decision then you can appeal. If no error in law was made then you won't be able to appeal. If this happens then the only thing you can do is start the whole process over again and make a new application.

Were you awarded anything at the Tribunal or was the award you got not what you wanted?

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,513 Disability Gamechanger
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.