Making friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Making friends

ian1980
ian1980 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Over the last few months my mental health has made it hard for me to make friends and due to an incident on line i have been feeling down and low for about 6months now my doctor says its stress but i hopeful that things will get better 

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @ian1980,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. We're a friendly bunch here on the community and there'll be lots of people around to offer advice and support. :)

If you have any questions, please do get in touch! 
    Liam
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Hi.
    I'm the same, i tend to stick to forums to chat to people and not private messages, this is because people will not act abusive in public (or if they do someone else will see and maybe offer me comfort or say that the abuse is wrong). I am a little scared to talk privately to people but if i feel safe enough (after some time) then this can happen.
    Slow and steady steps here.

I find the best way to at least not feel lonely is to find conversations of interest and join in with those and hope that someone replies back to you, if not at least you may have enjoyed talking about a subject. I also note that not everyone is looking for friends or will click with me so don't take anything personally.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ian1980 Pleased to meet you welcome. Sorry what has happened to you.

I know and hope that we are a supportive community. Who care and share.

Understand about stress.  I use this forum every day. Helps my mental state and gives me upbeat feeling to the day.

Hope I can reassure you and just add . I am ready to listen and hope I can be supportive. With patience and tolerance.

Problems are that there are people on forums.. That there behaviour and attitude is deplorable and not forgiving at all.

I hope  If there any problems or issues that they are raised and flagged up.  To the SCOPE team who decide to take action.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness