What subjects do you think schools should add - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What subjects do you think schools should add

2»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @feir Thank you for sharing your story. I know from personal experience.  How it is today difficult and not easy to express feelings and emotions those are in the vicious circle of addiction.

Having been clean and trying to cope mentally . I am now always concerned for others welfare.

All I can say am here if you wish ever to talk you know that. 

Just a thought. If you need in need of some support.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    I'm ok thanks, luckily my sister has outside/expert support so doesn't depend on me in this area.
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    After quite a disturbing week, and due to legal things, I can only say so much. I am adding to my list of things children need to know are the dangers online with grooming. I think there should be more awareness, parents need to be involved in understanding how these people creep into childrens life and how they go about talking to your child and what they can do to prevent it. Due to the disturbing nature I think this should be available to those in 5th and 6th year (Scotland) I do not know what it is called in other parts of the UK.
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @fishingmum I absolutely agree, hope your ok
  • fishingmum
    @susan48 we will be, it is unfortunate the position this community has found itself in, and there is nothing we can do about it, except raise awareness the ebst we can. thanks for asking x
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @fishingmum hope all is well. I struggle with my teen son who is now a man and making sure he is safe online. I know he knows the dangers but he is a trusting soul and these predators are skilled. 
  • fishingmum
    @susan48thanks @debbiedo49I am amazed at the level of of sneakiness, these predators show it seems to be a mix of out right narcissism and psychological skills to befriend, manipulate and then abuse someone without them realising the road these people put them on. If you know someone is a trusting person do the extra for their safety it is worth it. hope your son keeps safe xx

Brightness