Won appeal, what happens next? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won appeal, what happens next?

karentel14
karentel14 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just had an appeal for my pip, I got in touch with them to tell them that I have a terminal illness and said that I had to report any changes like it tells you to, I then was told that I had to have a reassessment, when the woman came to reassess me she put Dow a lot of things that were untrue and I lost my pip, I appealed and won my case, the super seeded the result and told me they should never have stopped my claim, this was a couple of weeks ago.
can anyone tell me what happens next, I have not heard a thing from the pip office, do I have to let them know I won the appeal

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Having won at the Tribunal the decision will have been sent to the DWP to review. If they are unhappy with the decision in that there is a legal issue involved they can appeal against the award. The DWP have at least 28 days to decide what to do and issue an appeal. If after that time they don't do anything then it may take another 3/4 weeks to get the award into payment.

At worst it could be 8 weeks and at best 2/3 weeks. 
  • karentel14
    karentel14 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to the community @karentel14, and congratulations on winning your appeal! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.