PIP stopped, please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP stopped, please help

lee07
lee07 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i was in reciept of pip for 2 years enhanced rate daily living and severe disability premium my pip was reviewed early april 2018 and stopped after a review at which basically nothing had changed other than meds doing there job  iv appealed the decisition thats been declined now we are going for the tribunal date i have the mental health team onside my gp onside and welfare r rights are assisting with everything at each stage basically i went from enhanced  rate points to 0 points on everything yet nothing changed im at risk of taking another od at this rate the stress is awfull iv been taken into hospital with heart issues since this all started twice .... oh sorry helo all

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    reviewed early april 2018 and stopped after a review at which basically nothing had changed other than meds doing there job

Nothing had changed? Yet you say that your meds are now doing their job?
    Maybe that is one of the reasons why you have been down graded. If the medication is helping to reduce the impact on you of your condition, then obviously you are getting better.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lee07, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing this with us- I'm so sorry to hear about your PIP experiences, and especially about the impact it's had on you. It can be such a draining experience, and I'm glad you have some support in place.

Wishing you all the best for your appeal: you may like to take a look at Scope's guidance, and do feel free to ask the community any questions you may have. 

https://youtu.be/tIHjSpNNbQo
  • riversong1
    riversong1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi it will be that you have told them the meds are doing their job they see you now fit to work and really if meds are working then they are right you are actually fit to do some kind of paid work and nothing on the earth will change that even if you do od my advice find work easy work you like as meds are working take this as a time you can do some thing to make you feel better go yourself good luck for future 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi it will be that you have told them the meds are doing their job they see you now fit to work and really if meds are working then they are right you are actually fit to do some kind of paid work and nothing on the earth will change that even if you do od my advice find work easy work you like as meds are working take this as a time you can do some thing to make you feel better go yourself good luck for future 
    Sorry but this is not correct. PIP has nothing to do with being fit for work at all. People claim PIP and work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lee07
    by meds doing their job i was only saying to assessor that meds were being monitered given out and taken  maybe i needed to explaine my meds are issued 7 days at a time they arrive and go in the safe that my son has combination toand getsout at times due the voices and paranoyer mean i stare at people incase they are trying to gget inside my head this was put down as maintained eye contacct iv been picked up by police in a disstressed condition couple of times when iv gone to new places the taxi drops me off and boom i also get agressive with strangers asking if im ok this happens weekly if i go out i get megga stressed and people offering are you ok i see as a threat ...ps my sons asked me to add he is looking at what im posting and kind of offers reminders what was to what is meant arghhh why am i even typing i dont know venting i guess
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    lee07 said:
    by meds doing their job i was only saying to assessor that meds were being monitered given out and taken  maybe i needed to explaine my meds are issued 7 days at a time they arrive and go in the safe that my son has combination toand getsout at times due the voices and paranoyer mean i stare at people incase they are trying to gget inside my head this was put down as maintained eye contacct iv been picked up by police in a disstressed condition couple of times when iv gone to new places the taxi drops me off and boom i also get agressive with strangers asking if im ok this happens weekly if i go out i get megga stressed and people offering are you ok i see as a threat ...ps my sons asked me to add he is looking at what im posting and kind of offers reminders what was to what is meant arghhh why am i even typing i dont know venting i guess
    Are you absolutely sure you didn't give the impression that your meds are doing what they are designed for and helping you cope better with the symptoms?

• lee07
    i dont think so no i wasnt in long  it was all a bit of a flash realy my gp read the letter they sent out and said have they sent you someone elses letter welfair rights are asking for reports from gp and mental health team for the tribunal i guess what will be will be

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.