Help with PIP form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with PIP form

Foggy
Foggy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have had Parkinson's for over 8 years now, but have just had to finish work as a dental technician at Christmas. I have been receiving DWP, but now have to apply for PIP. My wife and I are struggling with the form and wondered if there is any professional or community help that can be accessed for this purpose 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Foggy, and welcome!

Two helpful resources that may be worth a read are Scope's information on PIP, and this Citizens Advice page on filling in the PIP form. Citizens Advice may also be able to help more directly if you contact your local CAB. Have a read, and do come back to us with any questions!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi.
    DWP is the Department for working pensions and not a benefit itself.

For the PIP forms contact your local CAB or any other disability advice centre near you and they maybe able to fit you in with an appointment to help with the forms. I say maybe because they are often very busy. It really depends when the forms have to be returned and how much time you have. They do allow a 14 day extension of time, if you need it but you must ring DWP PIP to ask for this.

Don't forget you'll need to send supporting evidence with the PIP forms. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. Also remember that PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it totally depends how your conditions affect you daily. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.