Just when i thought the DWP couldn't be more rubbish! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just when i thought the DWP couldn't be more rubbish!

LittleGizmo86
LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
Hello again,

So i submitted an MR after beinh refused PIP.. it was received by them 2 weeks ago. I called up today just for a quick update and to ask if i can send in yet more evidence that i have aquired.

The guy had absolutely no idea what i was talking about. My letter and docs had been scanned onto the system but the letter was buried in the middle of the docs so they had not realised it was an MR... so 2 weeks of wasted time!!

I am so annoyed. My letter wasnt just an MR it was addressing complaints i had about errors made to that point by the DWP as well as evidence that confirms the assessor lied in my report... then they topped it off with not evwn noticing i sent an MR. I am lost for words at how useless they are!!

Has anyone had this situation before where they havent noticed you sent an MR? Did they deal with it fairly quickly after they realised their error?

Thanks ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi.

It may have been because you complained about the lies in with the MR letter, which is why you shouldn't do that. They could have not realised it was a MR request.  The DWP won't be interested in the lies that were told in the report and certainly won't be interested in any complaint. The assessment has nothing to do with the DWP, it's the assessment providers you need to complain to.

When writing a MR request you should be straight to the point and point out where you think you should have scored those points and why. Avoiding the lies. You want them to read the letter, rather than get bored after the first few sentences, sorry if that seems harsh, but it's true.

There's no timescales to any decision but MRs mostly remain the same. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LittleGizmo86
    @poppy123456

Thank you for your reply. It was clear it was an MR it says it on the letter. He said the reason it went un-noticed is because the person who scanned it at the sorting centre (they get it before the DWP) just stuck the letter and new evidence all together and put in in my records with no mention what it is. The letter was buried amongst it all.

When i say complain i mean about the DWP not atos... i have several complaints about there mess ups from the beginning. Also i didnt complain about the assessor i pointed out how i meet each criteria and how what the assessor said was medically impossible... backed up by extra evidence.

I am just wondering if anyone elses has been stuffed together liked that.

Thank you ?
  • Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Hi @LittleGizmo86 so sorry to read about the mess up with your MR. Are they dealing with it now? Just to add that things can change at MR, mine did from standard living only to enhanced living and standard mobility. I appealed and heard on Saturday that DWP aren’t going to defend the appeal, they’ve reinstated enhanced mobility and cancelled the appeal, so it can and does work. I wish you good luck with it all and, if I can help in any way, please don’t hesitate to ask x
  • LittleGizmo86
    Hi @Tigermoth42

Thank you for the reply. Excellent news. Well done and standing your ground and fighting the decision with success! 

Yes they are now. The guy on the phone felt very awkward when he realised they had missed it lol :) the second i put the phone down i got the 'you asked up to look at the decision again' text haha.

I will let you know if i need your help. Thank you for the offer. I am hoping it is over turned as the report was based on medical impossibilities stated in the report. One example is the assessor said i cook fresh meals like spag bol... i have a letter from gastro saying i have a liquid only diet and have 5 food shakes (fortisip) a day. Absolutely useless they are!
  • Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Hi @LittleGizmo86 great to hear back from you and thank you for your kind words.

It’s utterly disgusting that these assessments can be so far off the mark, mine might as well have been written about someone else. As an example, she said there was no evidence of swelling - my lower legs, ankles and feet are three times their normal size (how attractive ?) had she asked me to take off my Ugg boots she would have seen this, I sent photos of them in to the dwp with my MR, and the rest of the report is littered with inconsistencies. They’ve still missed the mark with my mental health but I’m not going to rock the boat and complain about it as I’ve got enhanced living and mobility. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke ?Hope you have as good a day as you can, hugs ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.