DLA to PIP, waiting for tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP, waiting for tribunal

kaza12p
kaza12p Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Where to start? 
DLA & PIP I've been getting dla for years which was due to finish sept 2018 but I was asked to claim pip March 2017. DLA I was on care low rate & mobility high rate, Pip awarded me low care & mobility low rate ?? I asked for them to look at my claim it took them until October 2017 in which they took my mobility off me. I'm now waiting for a court date they did call to say they where offering low mob to drop the court action I said no. I don't think they know what there doing to people, I can't drive any more my mom left me a small electric scooter but I can't get it out my house it only does about 6 miles, the doctor told me not to go out on my own. I have got a carer who lives in he has to everywhere with me. I feel as tho my life has been has been sucked out of me. I'm in so much pain, im on the max dose of medication. I need 2 knees I have problem with my back,dry eye never wore glasses until 2 years ago they've changed 3 times, fibromayalia, psosorasis of the skin and nails, high blood pressure,  brain fog,depression, oh there's much more. 
Then housing issues!? Any advice would be great thanks.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kaza12p

Welcome to the community!

Please forgive me as I am still learning about various issues that people face with benefits so I am unable to give you any advice, however there are many members with knowledge and who would be more than happy to give you advice soon :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kaza12p, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear this- applying for PIP can feel like such a draining process, and I'm really sorry to hear about the impact it's had on you and that things are tough at the moment. I'm sure many of our community members will be able to empathise with how you're feeling, too.

You may be interested in Scope's guidance on appealing DWP decisions to help you with the tribunal, and do feel free to ask any questions here on the community too- we'll do our best to support you.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    kaza12p said:
    Where to start? 
    DLA & PIP I've been getting dla for years which was due to finish sept 2018 but I was asked to claim pip March 2017. DLA I was on care low rate & mobility high rate, Pip awarded me low care & mobility low rate ?? I asked for them to look at my claim it took them until October 2017 in which they took my mobility off me.

I was entitled to DLA from 1995 - High Rate Mobility & Care Indefinitely. In 2013 I had to claim PIP. The decision was that I was not entitled to anything. Did an MR and they changed it to Enhanced Mobility & Care. Two years later I had another PIP assessment. Once again it resulted in no points - no award. This again was changed at MR stage back up to Enhanced Mobility & Care. The same happened again 2 years later after which I gave up.

It does happen to a lot of us I'm afraid. The only way forward is to ask for a MR and possibly appeal. No rhyme or reason for any of it.  
  • kaza12p
    kaza12p Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yadhad I think that's what there hoping we all do..... Thank you for your messaging..
    pippa_score that's for the warm welcome, im so hard for them not to get me down but it's hard when I lost my mom beginning of the year, plus housing issues. I'm sure it'll all come right.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.