Help with making a choice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with making a choice

cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
Hi there, i could do with a little help making a choice with my future, in the todays morning post i received a letter from my mental health team stating that they are taking me off there books in favour of giving me counselling for my child abuse. This my seem a good idea but it leaves me open to my every day needs and handling my depression and anxiety. If they take me off there books I’ll have NO contact to turn too. Please can someone help me and walk me through what i should do. ? ie should i ring them and disagree or should i go with what they have suggested? Please help. NC

Comments

• lauree
    lauree Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi Cripps
    So sorry to hear how hard things are for you right now. I'm wondering if speaking to a member of the mental health team and explaining you anxieties about not having someone there for you and how that may impact on your mental wellbeing, might be the first course of action xx
  • lauree
    lauree Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi Cripps
    So sorry to hear how hard things are for you right now. I'm wondering if speaking to a member of the mental health team and explaining you anxieties about not having someone there for you and how that may impact on your mental wellbeing, might be the first course of action xx
  • cripps
    Morning yes i think you may be right, I’ve made an appointment with the doctors later today so I’ll have a good chat and explain to her that cutting me off at this present moment in time may not be such a good idea. I do need someone there so if things go bad there just a phone call away. I’ll let you know how things go later tonight, thank you for posting it’s nice to know there’s someone there willing to talk. 
  • cripps
    On a long wait here at Macclesfield Hospital in the out patient department, just waiting for my consultants to get there act together and see me hopefully very soon. Can’t wait too long because i have my doctors appointment at 4 o’clock which is more important than this one. Need to get to the doctors tonight so i can make a decision on what i should do about my mental health team. Could do without all this hassle because my health is suffering , wish someone would just take me on board and help me ether with my mental health or my physical health. It’s just seems it’s always down to me to make the decisions. With writing this i feel like bursting into tears i don’t care if I’m in a waiting room or not just fed up and need a good cry ?. NC
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thinking of you @cripps, really hope the appointments go as smoothly as possible.
  • cripps
    Well I’ve just made it to the doctors, now i just need to build up a head of steam to discuss the mental health team, this is going to be painful, my anxiety is through the roof wish i had someone with me. ?
  • cripps
    Sorry i didn’t get back to you last night but i was all over the place, i spoke to the doctor and she agreed with me that the mental health team should keep me on the books for the very for see able future. She didn’t understand why they didn’t want to keep me so she will ring them to day and tell them they are wrong to put me through all the anxiety and stress of being on my own with no contact if things go wrong. So my friends we shall see what happens today. Fingers crossed ?. NC
  • cripps
    Ok well I’ve had no phone call (maybe it’s a little too soon) so my anxiety grows but never mind hit the pills, I’m here again at hospital but this time I’m at Leighton for a scan so hopefully this should go without a hitch. It seems I’m at some hospital at some point most of the time these days, just looking forward to a rest next week so i can just watch the world go by. Hope everyone good and well. NC

Brightness