My son returned from UCLA like he’s someone else — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son returned from UCLA like he’s someone else

MikeJohn53
MikeJohn53 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

My son returned from UCLA like he’s someone else. I don’t recognize who he is anymore. First it was his looks, so I shrugged it off. My wife and I said maybe he’s just trying to fit in. Then more changes occured like him demanding gluten free kale salad for dinner or something equivalent to that. I can barely keep up. I oversaw his screen the other day and saw that he’s looking at internet brides??? What has he become now? I want to confront him about this observation. I don’t know how though. Please help

Comments

• Trekster
    Trekster Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Going gluten free was one of the most healthiest things I did at university. The Internet brides thing does concern me though. Have you asked if he's lonely? Is he easily taken advantage of and or scammed as Internet brides can be scam sites. 
  • MikeJohn53
    MikeJohn53 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Trekster said:
    Going gluten free was one of the most healthiest things I did at university. The Internet brides thing does concern me though. Have you asked if he's lonely? Is he easily taken advantage of and or scammed as Internet brides can be scam sites. 
    I have asked him. I even reassured him that I'll support him with whatever he's going through but he says nothing's wrong. I'll wait out until he approaches and opens up to me first. I'm just glad he doesn't have a credit card or something to avoid any kind of scam.
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Hi @mikejohn53 how long was your son out there for  

Brightness