Mature students — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mature students

Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hello I have made some plans to go to university or another college in two years time for when I finish the college that I currently attend. I wanted to ask out of curiosity when I do go to university or another college when I am 22 in two years time about whether there would be students much older than me at college or university because I would like to meet some older friends who are in their late 20s and 30s and who are also middle aged at college or university as I want to be treated and seen more as an adult?
S.York

Comments

• thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Good for you!! I’m currently planning on attending university this year or next year for the first time ever. You’ll love it. Just be sure to request any form of assistance you will need. University can be a positive experience. I’m curious now- what course are you planning on doing at university? 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    There has always been a large minority of mature students attending uni and college.  Probably many disabled students now, too.
  • Chio
    Chio Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Well done you or pushung and planning to further you education. 22yrs is young I am sure you will have many in your class that will be similar age or older. If there are none in your class find out if your Uni has other mature students and link up or maybe start a support group. But good luck. Enjoy college and dont let your disability or anyone discourage you.xx

Brightness