Getting the word out — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting the word out

Circe
Circe Community member Posts: 68 Pioneering
Just distributed the scope online community flyers at my work place. Lots of workers including me are not getting the support and understanding that they deserve or need. So I have spread the word and approached my HR. Scope is an underrated charity that needs more recognition than it gets, folk I spoke to at work has never heard of it! So I'm asking folk to spread the word. 
Carpe Noctem

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Circe

Does your employer have a disability network? This can be a good vehicle to spread disability related information. It can also help your employer become more disability friendly. I know with my employer HR often refer policies to the network for feedback on how they might impact on disabled employees or even customers. They even ask for feedback on the work intranet, and customer facing website.

Blogs on the intranet can also be a good way of starting conversations and helping colleagues to open up about how disabilities affect them, even if they do not have a disability themselves. When I did a blog post on my relationship with my aspie daughter and how this changed over time the network got a lot of feedback from people who are affected by autism outside of work. It also allows us to highlight different types of disabilities over the year and help create a culture more accepting and tollerant. Even if you don't have an intranet quarterly newsletters via email can be a good conduit.

I post news items in our network forum from Scope and opportunities that I see here.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Circe
    Circe Community member Posts: 68 Pioneering
    Hi, thanks for your reply, I've never heard of that and I doubt my employers have either. Getting occupational health off them is bad enough lol. 
    Carpe Noctem
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Thanks for your support @Circe!

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.