Fine and crush bikes of thugs who run bikes into disabled/elderly people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fine and crush bikes of thugs who run bikes into disabled/elderly people

Misscleo
Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
A 90 year old msn was bashed so hard by a bike its killed him.
Lets have the thug punished and the bike crushed 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    That's such a heartbreaking story, @Misscleo :(
  • GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Hi @Misscleo
    Pardon my ignorance but having no knowledge of said story  perhaps you could enlighten me/us with fuller details or a link .
    Bike as in pushbike/motorbike?
    Tragic yes but the full story would be better
    Cheers
    Gizmo

• Misscleo
    It was all over the radio on that day.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    What a horrible thing to do. Who does that type of thing? 
  • Misscleo
    People get a bike and think noone should be in their way.
    A while ago: a 9 year old girl was run over by a bike rider who said it eas HER fault. She was on a crossing. Her dad said "she did everything right on that crossing and dtill died.
    Also the bike rider who run down an elderly women and jumped off his bike and kicked the dying women saying she was in his way.
    Theres loads of cctv on the net of bike riders killing and maming people who are too defencless to protect themselves.
    Jail/fine the bike riders and crush their bikes 
  • Misscleo
    YIPPY !
    Its on the radio today. People who use a bike as a wepon WILL be punished
    From now on those who. kill with a bike WILL.GET 14 YEARS
    How great is that.

• DavidJ
    DavidJ Community member Posts: 55 Pioneering
    Not before time but sentence is not long enough ! They only serve 1/2 of the time given , but at least it’s a start . Need to ditch the Victorian horse and cart laws and modernise to cover all forms of transport used to kill ! 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I wonder when skateboarding will be treated the same or maybe mobility scooters leaving a trail of devastation on the footpaths as they move along at a steady 4mph no matter who is in their way.

• Misscleo
    Iv said before about our supermarket stopping scooters from driving in shop.
    Its the PERSON thats the problem not the lump of metal on wheels that they hit you with 
  • DavidJ
    Yes I agree . It’s only a small minority’s of people in any layer of society that cause problems for the rest of us , but we bear the collective scars of their silliness !
    For example , there is no test required for a disabled/ elderly person for them to drive an EPV or scooter at all . I have seen myself the damage they can do . Most do not realise the we do NOT have an automatic right of way on a footpath!! They go charging around even in supermarkets and don’t realise they can’t stop quick enough if someone steps out. A little bit of give and take is all that’s needed and with some a visit to specsavers
  • DavidJ
    Sorry I just reread the original thread and I’ve digressed a bit from it 
    It’s not always the younger ones to blame and bikes are a menace wherever they go because they don’t think the Highway Code applies to them. Having said that the infrastructure in the U.K. is pathetic!!! Cycle lanes in the road camber gutters is a disgrace , and at the same time pavements between towns have no one on them !! 
    I lived in Europe mainland in the 60s to 90 s and they really had it sorted then 
  • Misscleo
    There sre 3 youngish people riding bikes on motorways today.
    People toom photos of them with the hope the police would pick them up BEFORE they hurt orget killed
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    @misscleo how brilliant they immediately brought the exact law change you wanted........hmm. .... while you have the power, please make loads more disability and age  friendly wishes, will you?   ......at this rate, you will transform the world before Christmas!                          
  • Misscleo
    Proberly more people had the sence to report it when they have had bikes run into them
    Theres been so much on the net and in papers about life changing injuries caused by bike riders. 

Too many bike riders think the Highways code shouldnt apply to them as they run into people on zebra crossing and charge through the lights on red.

Its suppoesd to be a form of travel not a weapon 
  • victoriafinney
    victoriafinney Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    edited November 2018
    Yadnad said:
    I wonder when skateboarding will be treated the same or maybe mobility scooters leaving a trail of devastation on the footpaths as they move along at a steady 4mph no matter who is in their way.

Victoriafinney

Mobility scooters are big heavy things. I know someone who h as their ankle broken by one!
    Do I think users of mobility scooters should be fined for causing injury? Absolutely!

After all. We don't want discrimination. Can't have it all one way.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.