Local Compliance telephone interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Local Compliance telephone interview

AmandaS
AmandaS Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My husband received a Local Compliance telephone interview letter today, the interview is in 2 weeks time. My husband is in the support group of ESA and also receives PIP. I'm his full time carer too. I think it's just to check details because they want bank statements to hand. The only difference is since first claiming in 2011, I opened a new bank account last year. I didn't have one previously because when the kids were little the tax credits went into a post office account, but since they've all grown up and the benefit stopped, the post office closed the account. So I originally thought I'd open one to have my carers allowance paid into it.
Long story short, I ended up not using it because as I'm my husbands power of attorney, I didn't see the point in using it because I do everything from my husbands bank. All the bills go out of his bank, and it's easier for me to keep a track of it all. I've downloaded all the statements from my account if they need access to them, but there's the grand total of £1.30 in there for the last couple of months. 
The only other thing is we fell out with the new neighbours over their yapping dog. She's very vindictive and called the police, but when the officer came, all she said was to not have anything to do with her and keep a record of the noise and report it to the environmental health. Thankfully since it all happened she's kept the dog quieter so we haven't had to. I don't tell her anything about us. She doesn't know we're on benefits, but she does know my husband is disabled. When he's well enough to walk, I try and get him out of the house just to go for a short walk, but he doesn't want to go now just in case she's said something to benefits. He's basically a hermit now, not wanting to leave the house. I'll be happier when this is all over with, but I suspect this has knocked his confidence.
My husband did ring the number on the letter after I told him just to put his mind at rest, and the man on the other end told him to stop panicking. All he said was are you on benefits, and my husband said yes, and all the man said was it'll be about that. He said there's 2 of them that do the interviews, he does the normal ones and the other one does the serious ones. 

I know I shouldn't worry, but I do. I take the worry for both of us

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @AmandaS

There is nothing to worry about.

This is a standard visit, to check you are receiving the correct benefits.

If there was anything untoward, you would be called for an interview under caution, by the Fraud Investigation Service (FIS).

Show them your Power of Attourney.

They will want to check, all bank accounts and any savings you have.

They will only be looking at the ESA.

Keep us informed and let us know if you need any more information.
  • AmandaS
    Thanks so much for replying. I will. It's on the 21st between 9.30 and 2.30 so as soon as it's over I'll let you know.
    Thanks again
  • AmandaS
    We had the phone call a little while ago and it turned out to be a malicious call. My guess is it's the next door neighbour. At least he was sympathetic and marked it as malicious. Thank you for your replies 
  • AmandaS
    Hello again. We just had the phone call which turned out to be a malicious report. I suspect it was my neighbour who we had a falling out with a few months back. The report came the day after we fell out, so the man on the phone marked it down as malicious.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.