Road to Resilience - How to talk about your child’s impairment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Road to Resilience - How to talk about your child’s impairment

Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
We have a new series of films to share with you, from parents and carers for parents and carers called The Road to Resilience.

This film is about how to talk about your child's impairment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXix-yi1uAU&feature=youtu.be 

Let us know what you think, share your experiences now.
Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Very impressed. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I work with kids with autism and communication issues. What I find awkward is, as young children, are they going to be open to talking about their issues? How do parents and carers address this. I know it's up to each child and their families to decide who what when why, but sometimes it's like the elephant in the room. Maybe we just wait till they are ready?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I work with children with physical disabilities. How do you teach them about their disabilities and bodies? I have designed a short information leaflet on my son’s disability for people to read. 
  • CJM
    CJM Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I see MYLiferaft have a special offer for CARERS this week that lets you have a full year's premium account of MyLiferaft product for FREE you just sign up and enter the code FB365 .  MyLiferaft lets you create and manage information about the person you care for so you can create reports to share with others or just share information with who you like, when you like.  It covers everything!!!  Also really helpful for you to keep an overview of who you spoke with when and what you discussed, add in appointments and reminders...

Brightness