Book recommendations — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Book recommendations

fishingmum
fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
I thought how about a specific place to share book series or stand alone titles, that you thought were such a good read you want to share with others, or ones you have re-read after time as it was that captivating it holds a special place in your heart.

I am a David Gemmel fan, I feel sad knowing he will never write again, but take joy in the books he had done, and I feel I can always go back and read them. One of my favourites series by Gemmel was the Drenai series.

What would you recommend?
life is too short to let others make you miserable.

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    I used to love James Patterson , I can’t read anymore but loved detective novels, Patricia Cornwall etc.

I would love to be able to read again, no concentration unfortunately.
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    What do you like to read? 
  • fishingmum
    susan48 said:
    I used to love James Patterson , I can’t read anymore but loved detective novels, Patricia Cornwall etc.

I would love to be able to read again, no concentration unfortunately.
    I know it is not the same but would audio books help, then you can pause till later?

@thara I read all sorts. Just now I am going through a feist, gemmel, eddings phase. what sort of books do you read yourself?
  • Geniedebs
    Geniedebs Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    For anyone who likes fictional crime and the City of Bath, I would recommend the novelist Peter Lovesey. 
  • fishingmum
    thanks will look that out @Geniedebs
  • jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    My book of the day is The Covert Passive Aggressive Narcissist,by Debbie Mirza,such an informative book for any form of abuse from this type of person,whether they are relatives,co workers ,neighbours,man or woman .Loved this read and gave me a greater understanding of this subject and live in harmony with my own feelings. 

Brightness