Unexpected dwp call today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unexpected dwp call today

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
I had medical 6th June and they failed me .doin mr which is ready to send off but dwp rang me today asking me future questions who else had this  I contact my lawyer office they should not be doin this  .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Without knowing the details and what was asked it's impossible to answer your question. You need to ring the people helping you with this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    I already did after the call she off at moment i was told against the law them to ring like that 
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    Have you appealed and that’s why they’re contacting you? 
  • poppy123456
    It's not against the law for them to ring you, there must be a reason for them doing this, otherwise they wouldn't have rang. If the MR has been requested over the phone rather then waiting until the letter of request has been sent then it could be to do with that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Either I am too far down the road as being beyond help as 'old school' or civil servants today don't understand that putting a letter in an envelope and affixing a postage stamp would surprisingly find it's way through my letterbox at home.

I don't 'text' nor do I use or have a mobile telephone. I expect, rightly or wrongly to receive a written communication. Indeed if I spend the time writing a letter to the DWP I expect a written reply within say 30 days.

I have never received any communication from the DWP telling me that they have all of my information. And to make matter worse my recent offering from the DWP  was a reply (an acknowledgement only) to a complaint that took three months to be received!
  • sam12
    My lawyer doin mr she has paperwork  but dwp shouldn't not rang me by law they don't need to do so ask they not got papers yet 
  • sam12
    I contacted my lawyer they say was  no need to taking legal advise best way. What mr is 4 for someone to do it it takes the stress away yet the dwp phones wanting information was no point as medical failed I doin mr they don't need to ring me.i be ringing my lawyer Monday tell her 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi sam12,

The DWP may want to ask further questions to be satisfied that they have made the right decision. How you answer those questions may help them to change their decision. It's certainly not against the law. It could possibly be a helpful decision maker looking a bit deeper into your claim. I know it seems they are few and far between but they do exist!

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Hi Lee, The use of the telephone in those circumstances is totally wrong in my opinion. It would be totally unfair for a claimant to be put on the spot in trying to explain something of that nature.
    A letter would be more acceptable in that the claimant would have the time to 'engage brain' and then answer the question fully. It takes a special type of person to switch into 'work mode' at that speed.
     If presented with that type of call from the DWP it would be far better if the claimant apologised saying that they would like to get their head together - could you ring back in an hour?
  • sam12
    My lawyer not be happy about this once u fail the first round of pip them mr is done they should not ring us dwp my lawyer has paper ready to send
    to send to dip. This dwp don't give a damn
  • sam12
    But they failed me so wasn't there place  to call.i have a lawyer doing my mr she still to ring me.she know more wen she gets msg. I still spoke to dwp. I should win the pip though they know my long standing Health issues. I just got worried thou. Am leaving it up to lawyer 
  • poppy123456
    I know it's stressful Sam but please try to calm down. It's not against the law for DWP to ring you. In fact they do ring people sometimes, even when a claimant is waiting for their Tribunal hearing because it's been known for DWP to offer an award before the hearing takes place. It's rare but it can and does happen.

I know you're still going through the MR process but DWP can still change the decision at this stage and maybe the call to ask questions was because of this reason.
  • sam12
    Yes it is .ie I had a medical got failed.i doin a mr now they not allowed to ask questions when someone is doin a mr u be told the same. Guess u chose ur way am goin by the law I to tell dwp if they ring am not allowed to answer questions as someone doin my mr. If u ring fightback they tell u same
  • sam12
    Well am with a highly professional lawyer .cab and welfare advocate not allowed in court but fightback can .my bf highly professionals to and my soon son in law is a barrister 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.