Where is my post?please help fast. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where is my post?please help fast.

newborn
newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
A few  minutes  ago I put a careful pot in reply to a thread on cptsd.  It appeared, and i noticed a typo.  Instantly, I tried an edit.  Where is the post?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @newborn, how strange! I've just checked our spam and reported posts and it isn't in there. There is a long reply on a post above a second comment on a thread, was this your post?

Contact with fellow survivors , such as people stll alive after torture and attempts on life, would be good, but the point is, COMPLEX ptsd is not, not, not, mental illness.' 
    DESNOS (and other ideas) are suggested as a better label than ptsd, which is ' much too inadequate  a description of the complexity and magnitude of effects   of torture, ......which is 'severe pain or suffering, physical  or mental, intentionally inflicted. ....with ...aquiescence of ....an official'   '    U.N. '84.
    Standard "treatment" designed for mental illness is highly counterproductive. ' (Mollica 89) (NICE  2018)
    Social contact with those with fellow experience is a help.  Identifying and reinforcing the existing survival strength, and talking on a basis of equality helps.
     (I. E. The exact opposite of a mental sickness industry professional taking the  enjoyably lofty  position  of power over the victim, which harms, by reproducing helpless power imbàlance and control).
      N. B. How much equality of power, and respect, is involved in the mentally sick-industry- professionals'  routine ?  ...... Summoning to a venue chosen by the power holder, at the time dictated, for the duration dictated, for as many 'sessions' as the power holder dictates, and after a waiting period dictated. ..
    .........Would that restore the victim's self esteem,  sense of control,   of self, of exercising healthy balance of power in relationships?   Or,  would  it be calculated to  reduce it?
     The aim is not to 'correct the faults in the crazy person'.  On the contrary, it is to emphasise the non-craziness of living through extreme and prolonged and repeated abuse.
       Identifying, encouraging  and supporting the individual's  own interests, wishes, needs and goals to enjoy a fuller life, closer to the inherent  potential if the extreme abuse had not happened, is what  helps.
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Well that is odd.  I'm pleased it hasn't vanished.  It was the post I made àn hour-ish ago, but you say it got in among older ones?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @newborn, must have been a technology glitch! You can see your comment on this recent post here

Brightness