Disability benefit lawyer at Fightback4justice! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability benefit lawyer at Fightback4justice!

Fightback4justice
Fightback4justice Community member Posts: 3 Connected
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm a Disability Benefit Lawyer and set up and run Fightback4justice a non profit community interest group that offers free initial advice and professional advocacy in DLA, pip and ESA appeals and other disability related matters. We have a free adviceline and drop in sessions and cover the whole of the UK with this. We are unfunded by grants etc so if you instruct us to advocate in person then there are basic travel/admin costs as we are mostly run by professional volunteers. 

We attend the pip forum in London, liaise with tribunal daily and DWP and see changes as they occur. Find us on Facebook @fightback or ring 01716727444 for free phone advice. As an ex CAb benefit lawyer we know exactly the best way to apply or transfer over to PIP and have an excellent 89% success rate in court to date. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello welcome  and thanks
    I am sure that many will be glad to hear of your services

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fightback4justice

Welcome to our online community /website.

You will be greatly received by a large number of members on here in regards to (PIP)

https://community.scope.org.uk/profile/Sam_Scope

I have just picked this one up on new members.

With the very large numbers off new members struggling with the (PIP System)

Can we please let this service better known ???

• Fightback4justice
    Fightback4justice Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Apologies I have only just seen this, we are registered as advocacy for disabled people as a cic with companies house non profit. 
  • GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Hi
    Great to hear another service fighting our corner 
    Cheers 
    Gizmo
  • Kafoleg
    Kafoleg Community member Posts: 21 Connected

Hi @fightback4justice.

Nice to hear there is a service help fighting 4 justice for disabled people. This is what we need.

How can I get contact to a lawyer ? 

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Kafoleg said:

Hi @fightback4justice.

Nice to hear there is a service help fighting 4 justice for disabled people. This is what we need.

How can I get contact to a lawyer ? 

You have to join at a cost of £12 a month.
  • Kafoleg
    Kafoleg Community member Posts: 21 Connected

Thanks @Yadnad for your info & reply.

Have a good day.

@kafoleg

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 90 Listener
    joining is a must they do superb work with high success rate so 12quid is nothing for the benifit

• [Deleted User]
    Worth noting that the word lawyer implies a currently practising solicitor and infers a higher level of knowledge than perhaps someone working for example as a volunteer in Citizens Advice but, in the UK, the word is largely meaningless with all due respect to the OP. Easy enough to check the solicitors register to see if sometime is a practising solicitor. 

One becomes aware from time to time of organisations who charge erroneously claiming free advice is no longer available in an area in order to secure business. HMCTS also alert when reps pass themselves off as being from other organisations (sadly it has happened). There’s more than enough case work to go round forever more but people on fixed incomes should at least be very clear whether high quality free advice is available in their area before choosing to pay. Obviously in some areas that may not be practical and there’s a meaningful gap which paid advice may be the only way to bridge.

Finally most advice organisations make no claims about success rates as high success rates can imply that an organisation is cherry picking only the cases most likely to win. It impresses some people but is not the best or only measure of quality.

You pays your money you takes your choice, so to speak.
    i quoate them as i did look at their site and read the reviews from happy claim
    ants but i also googled the address and looked on google earth at the building  it was correct but i also agree there are plenty out there taking cash for advice or claiming exsperts

• Yadnad
    sweet said:
    joining is a must they do superb work with high success rate so 12quid is nothing for the benifit

£144 a year
  • [Deleted User]
    Yadnad said:
    sweet said:

£144 a year
    it is up to each person if they want or need a years membership 12quid to acess what you need in download or info is cheap enough

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    Depends what you need really. Variants of most stuff are available for free on the internet.
    true but i found haveing it in one place or site rather far easier plus you can ring them and chat about how to sort out forms or just for advice ???i tried scope but could never get thru on phone hahaha and with cab and other welfare groups not doing so much it was worth the cash in the end 
  • Yadnad
    sweet said:
    :

it is up to each person if they want or need a years membership 12quid to acess what you need in download or info is cheap enough

From what I have searched so far none are qualified solicitors with practicing certificates, the company does not appear under that trading name as being recognised by the Charity Commissioners and nor does it appear to have been registered with Companies House.

Presumably they are working under that name for convenience purposes thus hiding their true identity.
  • [Deleted User]
    fightback has been around a long time i surgest you look properly and not lay claims none are qualified  after all  unless you wish to put your name to a post they have no comeback for legal purposes here is their facebook pageAbout 5,510,000 results (0.35 seconds) 

Search Results

Web results

Fightback - Home | Facebook

https://en-gb.facebook.com › ... › Community organisation
     Rating: 4.9 - ‎445 votes
    Fightback, Tottington, Bury, United Kingdom. ... Can not fault the service provided by Fightback, my husband has recently had a ... Fightback for justice in Bury.
    You've visited this page many times. Last visit: 10/04/18
  • [Deleted User]

Home • Welcome to the Fightback4Justice VIP Platform

Welcome to the Fightback4Justice VIP Platform. We are a Non Profit Community Interest Group offering expert welfare benefit advice, help with advocacy ...
    Login · ‎About · ‎User Guide · ‎Our Partners
    You've visited this page many times. Last visit: 08/05/18
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    I’m not clear what it is those two posts are meant to be saying. Please explain.
    yadnad is stateing they are not reconised by charity are not qualifid sol are not reg company ???maybe not but founder is a lawyer and they have been around a few years and here again is a link to themhttps://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/oct/12/online-benefits-appeals-tribunals-disabled  Michelle Cardno,is the lawyer

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    yadnad i am curious now ??are you a benifits adviser or ex dwp employee or just a claiment

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    There is a lot of misinformation going on here.

No claim is made that any of the staff have passed the bar exam.
    No claim is made that Fightback4justice is a charity.
    Adequate disclosure is made on their web site and they are a non-profit company limited by guarantee with the registered number  09486035.

Sheesh, people are quick to judge.

You take pot-luck with every advisor. There are no guarantees.
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    I paid 1 off fee 75 that.  Only getting mobility at moment til my mr is done was shocked today only 1 wk payment yet 
  • [Deleted User]
    There is a lot of misinformation going on here.

No claim is made that any of the staff have passed the bar exam.
    No claim is made that Fightback4justice is a charity.
    Adequate disclosure is made on their web site and they are a non-profit company limited by guarantee with the registered number  09486035.

Sheesh, people are quick to judge.

You take pot-luck with every advisor. There are no guarantees.
    yes i agree  there is enough public info to accept fightback as is
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.