I'm writing a school project on Downs syndrome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm writing a school project on Downs syndrome

Jake_Ray_H
Jake_Ray_H Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2018 in Research and opportunities
Hi,
I'm a student in sixth form interested in applying to medicine and I'm doing an EPQ (extended project qualification) on Downs syndrome in today's society as my girlfriend's little brother has the condition. I am just wondering if anyone on this site would like to help me and share their experiences of the condition for my report. I have researched causes and symptoms but am interested in it's impacts on a person's life e.g. socializing, playing sports/hobbies, employment, possibly mental health if you're ok with that. I am also looking into screening if anyone has information about that and their opinion on it. I am yet to look into the care of people with Downs syndrome so if anyone has any information on that it would be appreciated (I have heard that they are treated kindly as children but then outcast as they get older).
Thank you very much for your time!

Comments

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.