Help with requesting an ECHP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with requesting an ECHP

mandy444444
mandy444444 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
edited August 2018 in Education
My 10 year old son has Asperger’s, monocular vision, dyspraxia and emotional difficulties, some commonly associated with ASD but also from trying to deal with his father leaving us (4years ago)and wanting no contact with him or his sister.  The school is being quite obstructive in my requests for an ECHP assessment , so I have collected evidence myself from various agencies including CAHMs  where he is having counselling, but I do not know how to get all this across in to a coveringvletter or filling the form out from my or my sons point of view, in order that it be looked at fairly with out being  automatically rejected because it’s a parental request not a school one. Please can any one who has been successful or has experience with ECHP give me advice on how to fill it out please 
TIA

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mandy444444 and welcome to the community! It is very possible to get an EHCP approved without the schools backing. Although the school can be a massive help, there are other places that can help. There is this PDF which is really helpful and social workers can also help with this kind of thing. It may also be worth googling examples as it will show what kind of thing needs to be included. Avoid wording that could be taken as an action that is not needed. Try to be black and white. If this makes sense :)
    Scope

Brightness