Checking I'm getting everything I'm entitled to — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Checking I'm getting everything I'm entitled to

Options
Anonymous
Anonymous Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I was placed on contribution esa in June 2015 after working for a bank due 19 yrs I was planning ed in support group due to ill health my husband wasn’t working at the time but no one asked me anything about my husband , but they asked if I was married , I’ve since been on esa since them and also pip but I receive no other payments such as income related top ups or any top ups that people talk about I completed a form several wks ago to make sure u am getting everything I am entitled to but still haven’t heard anything can you advise as I have never been on benefits before prior to this xx 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,316 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The question here, is does your husband work now? If he works more than 24 hours per week then you won't be entitled to any Income Related top ups now. Any Income your husband earns will not affect your Contributions based ESA.

You say your husband wasn't working when you first claimed ESA so there maybe some back pay owed to you but this will depend on other circumstances.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.