Free dating sites — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free dating sites

Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hello I just wanted to ask whether if there were any completely free dating sites as I believe there has got to be free ones out there?
S.York

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Plenty of Fish and OK Cupid are free.
  • BigGeomanser
    BigGeomanser Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited April 2018
    I can advise the site on which I met an excellent girl, but after the meeting, alas did not agree with the characters. This is Russian and Ukrainian dating agency “UkReine.com”. 
    And if you are interested in local it is necessary to search on local sites,but there are many fakes

• redhead53
    redhead53 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    try x hamster not any Russian sites most are full of scammers

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    The number of free sites depends on whether you are male or female. For the ladies there are many sites but for the guys very few. I have tried 3 free sites and the best of them was pretty bad. The worst was really awful seeming to be a contact site for people and couples into some of the more extreme sexual behaviours.

I have also tried 4 paid for sites with very little success, even one that was exclusively aimed at the disabled. I have memory issues at the moment and cannot remember the name but it seemed to have a number of ladies not real and of the others almost every contact I made were looking for someone to look after them. Those that contacted me were looking for someone to look after. Neither of these options was appropriate for me.

Generally being disabled is extremely limiting for finding a real relationship.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 90 Listener
    edited August 2018
    try pof  plenty of fish

• Smileygotwell
    Smileygotwell Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Free try 'free online dating' @ free dating.co.uk
    An excellent site which is slowly growing into a pretty large site, with brilliant features such as a forum divided into all sorts of sections, which anyone can read and you don't have to pay to contribute to. Best of all though is that once you join you can communicate with anyone for free. 
    I've made a number of good friends through the site as well as a number of enjoyable dates so, all the best if you give it a go.
  • Matilda
    freedating.co.uk is the only site that compels people to answer if they are disabled or not.  People should be able to keep their status confidential until they wish to disclose it.
  • Smileygotwell
    Smileygotwell Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Have you tried simply not disclosing either and moving on to the next question? I realise once a choice has been made it can't be removed but if you aren't happy about it, try deleting your first profile attempt without saving it and try again, only answering the questions you choose to. I wonder what F.O.D. moderater would suggest? I am sure they would be happy to respect your wishes, @matilda.
  • Matilda
    It is not an option to ignore the question.  I did that and got a message that I must select a response. The only options are Yes or No.  If the q. is ignored then it is not possible to register.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @Matilda I just tried that site and couldnt understand why there were only two options for that question only. They could easily put other. I tried it for a day and got suspended lol. I kept being badgered by men wanting pics when I choose not to put any up. So I selected random joke face pics and put them up and hey ho gpt suspended. Full of creeps
  • Matilda
    @debbiedo49

I wasn't very impressed with that site, either, so I deleted my profile.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 19 Connected
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • janekim96P
    janekim96P Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    That's terrible to hear I was thinking of trying an online dating site but won't bother now sorry you were put through that it's awfull that men seem to only want pics and not conversation  ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 90 Listener
    try passion.com plentyof fish xhamster at least you see who they are

• Rebel70
    Rebel70 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi

Any ideas where the best site for a lesbian with disabilities is. I've done plenty of fish and was bombarded with women who just want sex and nothing more. I even had to resort 2 to the police beach's they wanted to me have a threesome with them and their daughters. Sick!!!!

I don't want to be bombarded by men who think they can change me  I'm 48 and my life is limited so don't get out to meet anyone. I've been alone 8 years and it's time for me to meet Miss right lol. 

Thanks all

Tracy
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I used freedating for a while and cannot say it was particularly good though it was about the best of the free sites for men. There are considerably more free sites for women as some of the "pay for" sites allow women to use for free, at least at times. I answered the disability question truthfully and that definitely made things more complicated and I never had a proper date from it but that was mostly because very few women like complete openness and honesty, despite what they say. I did use the forums for quite a while but did find that there was a number of people all clubbing together and excluding others, often ganging up on them and being borderline insulting. Eventually I upset one of such a group, a lady, over the lack of people answering the disability question honestly. That lady stressed over and over it wasn't important until she eventually admitted to being disabled and saying she wasn't. Afterwards I felt sorry for her because she was immediately and very dramatically verbally attacked, especially by the men trying to date her who felt cheated. The lady was soon forced to leave altogether to avoid the abuse and ignorance. However, if she hadn't lied in the first place it wouldn't have happened.

As much as I would like to go on dates at times I distrust dating sites generally as on most of them being disabled makes a person a pariah. I have had some attraction locally, despite my problems, and then I at least know what the person looks like, how they behave and have some idea what they are looking for. I still do not think there is a better way.

The biggest problem with dating sites that I have found is that the majority of men claim to be single (when some aren't) and are really looking for sex and that most women are suspicious of exactly that.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @Matilda I tried that site too it was awful so I deleted my proflle after a few days. Then I tried match. Com which was similar and left too. The people I talked to were either fantasists liars or just looking for sex which wasn’t what they’ve put on profile. It’s all very sordid on some sites. I think I will stick to waiting on my knight in shining armour lol. It’s made me think more about people I meet in real life as potential friends or partners rather than online although same things could happen. It’s a mine field lol

Brightness