Losing PIP and mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Losing PIP and mental health

HULAHOOP83
HULAHOOP83 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I was receiving PIP for a few years, had a recent review and was refused. I was abused as a child and this has led to depression, anxiety and self harm. I am on antidepressants and waiting to see a psychiatrist. In March the crisis team was called out as my daughter was terrified, I picked up knives and was suicidal. I appealed the PIP refusal and was again refused. I was embarrassed in the interview to say I don't wash for days, struggle to cook and sometimes cant leave home on my own. Realise I should have been more open. 
Just want to say this forum has helped me to feel less isolated and ashamed. Thank you so much. and I am planning to appeal again.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning @HULAHOOP83 and welcome to the community, Im so sorry to hear what you have been through but I am glad to hear that the community has been of help to you.

I look forward to chatting with you more :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @HULAHOOP83! All the best with your future appeal- please do keep us updated!
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @HULAHOOP83, hi and welcome.
    I hope your MR or appeal are successful, the anxiety and stress is a lot to cope with on top of out mental health.

No matter how the truth sounds to other, not washing, cooking etc you need to be open and honest about it. I know to difficult because we don’t chose to be this way.

Please keep us updated on your progress and how your doing 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @HULAHOOP83 Sorry you having such a bad time. We as a community hope we can support you and help or give you advice.   With sensitivity and kindness, care, concern.

Be a listening ear if I can. Need a friend always here. Understanding how and why we as a community end up being dealt so many blows, hardship. Struggle and strive to cope with this Government. Who do not wish us to be a part of society.

I have mental health problems and do know find it difficult to speak to a complete stranger about personal intimate things in my life. Especially having assessments.

All I can say I know how your feeling and it is humiliating.

Hope you can find the courage to move forward get the support you need. I know I contacted CAB  regarding my PIP. Very helpful.

Wish you the best in a successful outcome.

Always in prayers and thoughts

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Everyone is fab here, II am  a relative newbie myself. 

Everyone has been so kind, and helped answer my questions. A great community for sure. 

I have mental health, and anxiety, on top of Menieres Disease, and bilateral hearing losses. 

I am awaiting a F2F assessment date still. For PIP. 

I am sorry to read of your challenges. If you are in the Kent area I can add details of a self referral mental health charity locally who have helped me so much. XX Think Action. Can't praise them enough for their support. 

Thinking of you. P XX 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 

Brightness