How long did people wait to get EDP backdated payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long did people wait to get EDP backdated payments?

spike58
spike58 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Once form for edp backpayments is completed and filed.....how long have people waited to received the money owed to them and also can you tell me if sdp are included or do you have to reclaim them separately to the owed edp. Thank You

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @spike58
    Welcome to the community! Unfortunately I am unsure so therefore I am unable to give you an answer however another member of the community may know and will be in touch with you soon :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • anth22
    anth22 Community member Posts: 188 Courageous
    Hi spike58 ive waited 18 weeks for mine which is owed to me since 2011 but today DWP gave me the best possible news ever :) they have received the legal letter from Downing Street to release payments from 2011 and mine will be in my bank next Wednesday :). So its been around 19 weeks altogether but DWP did tell me 12 weeks but i waited that 12 weeks to be told they had missed me and not sorted my arrears but thats over now at last. 
    To be on the safe side if i was you i would ring them weekly incase you are missed to, hope this helps.
  • spike58
    Thank you,the date on my letter was from 11 july 2013 so i am now (with your news) hoping they back pay from that date instead of oct 2014 :)

• anth22
    Hope you get every penny you are owed spike58 :) all the best to you :)
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Mick Y did u have to wait from downing street be for that pay u your back money 
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Mick Y did u have to wait from downing street be for that pay u your back money 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,318 Disability Gamechanger
    SDP isn't automatically paid, you have to claim for this separately. Either ring ESA and ask to fill the IS10 form out over the phone, or if they won't do that then ask them to send it to you. You will have to wait to be assessed for Income related top up before claiming this and it does have other criteria too. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anth22
    Not sure who Mick is :) It was Downing Street who had to sort the legal letter for DWP to make arrears from 2011 :) 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    spike58,
    I think we are talking about people who lost out on income-related ESA when they were moved from incapacity benefit? This could be the SDP/EDP or both, depending on circumstances, & sometimes it could be other parts of income-related ESA.

DWP should write to everyone who may be affected and get the information they need to see what payments have been missed. Once they've got the information they need, they say they'll pay you within 12 weeks (though I'm sorry to see from anth that it can take longer).

If you have definitely supplied them with the info they need & haven't heard after 12 weeks it would be worth contacting them. They have now confirmed they will pay back to the date of your conversion to ESA, so you should get full arrears.  :)

And the arrears will be fully disregarded so won't affect any other benefits.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• eddowden
    eddowden Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    anth22 said:
    Hi spike58 ive waited 18 weeks for mine which is owed to me since 2011 but today DWP gave me the best possible news ever :) they have received the legal letter from Downing Street to release payments from 2011 and mine will be in my bank next Wednesday :). So its been around 19 weeks altogether but DWP did tell me 12 weeks but i waited that 12 weeks to be told they had missed me and not sorted my arrears but thats over now at last. 
    To be on the safe side if i was you i would ring them weekly incase you are missed to, hope this helps.
  • eddowden
    Hi mate,your post gives hope to the rest of us who are owed back pay,i'm really pleased for you mate.
  • spike58
    *UPDATE*
    sorry for not being in touch. Saturday 8th Sept I received letters telling me that the money to be backdated from 2013 had been processed. Went to the bank 30 mins after reading the mail and had a nice bank balance of £5k plus :) 4weeks after filling form in (41 days from date on first letter I received telling me I may be entitled to it) HAPPY DAYS even tho it shouldn't of happened in the first place x
  • eddowden
    spike58 said:
    *UPDATE*
    sorry for not being in touch. Saturday 8th Sept I received letters telling me that the money to be backdated from 2013 had been processed. Went to the bank 30 mins after reading the mail and had a nice bank balance of £5k plus :) 4weeks after filling form in (41 days from date on first letter I received telling me I may be entitled to it) HAPPY DAYS even tho it shouldn't of happened in the first place x
    Brilliant news well done mate.
  • Bingo90
    Bingo90 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi Mike i haven't received any info about the change over from incapacity ben to ESA which happened between 2011/12 i had to apeal the decision because they put me in the WCR Group appealed in 2013 was then put in support group never knew anything about this sdp people talk about i was retired from my work because of my RH Athritis as far as i know i have always been on cb ESA didnt know that there was ib esa would i be entitled to claim for back money when they transferred me over from IB to ESA sorry this is a long question but can anyone out ther help with this its so confusing thankyou 
  • spike58
    Don't know who Mike is but i've looked at what you have written bingo90. As far as I am aware it is the DWP that is contacting those affected by the EDP backpayment fiasco. If they do not contact you then I do not think you are on their list for backpayments. If you do not hear anything by January, you could always ring and ask as it all has to be dealt with by april 2019. As for SDP payments, I myself dont know what happens about that. I got my sdp whilst on IB but do not know what to about that yet.
  • poppy123456
    The criteria for claiming SDP is you must receive either DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily living... or attendance allowance. No one must claim carers allowance for looking after you and you must live alone or be classed as living alone.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bingo90
    Hi Spike im in receipt of high DLA and middle Care my hubby is my carer but i dont get careres all i was told I'm entitled to carer premium my hubby gets state pension i get ESA cb thats it was transferred over from Incapacity benefit to ESA was in wrag 2011/12 won my appeal to be put into Support group in 2013 this is so confusing when hearing people talk about Sdp there's so many different things attached to it and believe it or not im still none the wiser thankyou for replying to me really appreciate it 
  • poppy123456
    Bingo90 said:
    Hi Spike im in receipt of high DLA and middle Care my hubby is my carer but i dont get careres all i was told I'm entitled to carer premium my hubby gets state pension i get ESA cb thats it was transferred over from Incapacity benefit to ESA was in wrag 2011/12 won my appeal to be put into Support group in 2013 this is so confusing when hearing people talk about Sdp there's so many different things attached to it and believe it or not im still none the wiser thankyou for replying to me really appreciate it 
    As you live with your husband then you won't be entitled to SDP unless he also claims a qualifying benefit like DLA mid/high rate care, PIP daily living or Attendance Allowance.
  • Bingo90
    Thanks for the quick reply spike thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    No worries, but i'm not spike....

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.