PIP not wanting to do a f2f, is this a good sign? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP not wanting to do a f2f, is this a good sign?

Gizmo19
Gizmo19 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi hope you are all doing good, I would like to ask I have not long been diagnosed with Bi-polar and am currently still signed off work. I applied for PIP, on my recent visit to my physiatrist he informed me that he had just come of the phone from someone dealing with my claim. They told him that they would not need to see me for a 1-1 interview, just wanting to ask is this a good sign, as I thought you had to be interviewed by them. Thanks in advance for any info. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gizmo19
    Welcome to the community! I am unsure but another member may know and will be in contact with you soon :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gizmo19 and a very warm welcome to the community! If they feel that they have enough evidence then they would not need to see you. We wish you the very best of luck with the claim! Please let us know how you get on :)
    Scope

• Gizmo19
    Hi AMI12301 and Chloe_scope, hope you Both are doing good, and thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes just waiting to hear what they say quite anxious about it but oh well whats to be will be so to speak. Will keep you updated. Cheers.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck, let us know how you get on!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Good Luck Gizmo. Hopefully all will go well and you will get the award you deserve.
  • Gizmo19
    Hi all, hope your all doing well, just a small update. Phoned to find out if there was any more info regarding my claim, was told that someone else had spoken again to the physiatrist yesterday, I informed the lady this was now the second time they have spoken to him within 10 days. She apologised but said she had no further information to give. I could phone the man I see but as I have appointment with him next Monday thought I would just wait and see what he says. This is defiantly a slow process. Take it easy and thanks again to all who have replied. Cheers.
  • Gizmo19
    Hi can anyone tell me please is your PIP application is backdated from when they first receive it. Thanks
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited September 2018
    Gizmo19 said:
    Hi can anyone tell me please is your PIP application is backdated from when they first receive it. Thanks
    @gizmo19 PIP will be backdated to the start of the claim, as long your not being transferred from DLA as there is no backdating, your PIP would otherwise start 4 weeks after DLA ends.

So if it's a fresh PIP claim and say you applied for it on the 1st January 2018 and they made a decision on the 1st of July it will when get backdated to the 1st January. Hope that helps, and good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Gizmo19
    Hi, I am still waiting on a descion with regards to my PIP Application, I had contacted them last week and was informed that my application was going through to the case manger for review the gentlemen informed me it was for the Max daily allowance. Have just contacted them today and mentioned the above the lady said I don't know where he got that information from as there is nothing on your file that states this?... They keep stating that I had my 1-1 meeting  at the end of August  however I have never had this as it was stated they had enough evidence from my psychiatrist so did not need to see me. This process just seems to be going on and on. The lady also stated I should be receiving a letter some time within the next few days as she can see that action is taking place on my file but could not give me a indication as to the decision from the case manager. A bit long winded I know so apologies for that but getting this out of my head helps so to speak....Hope all are well, have a good weekend.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The person you spoke to today is correct and that the person you last spoke shouldn't have said what they said to you because a decision hasn't been made. They can't tell you anything until that decision is on the computer. Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report? Even though it was a paper based assessment there will still be a report written. This will tell you what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.