Dad's mobility scooter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dad's mobility scooter

yeifival
yeifival Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My father recently passed away and we have his mobility scooter which has hardly been used for sale - Its a Rascal 388S - hardly done 5 miles. and has been kept fully charged while he was ill. West Wales

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @yeifival   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for your post and for joining. Sorry what has happened. Condolences to the family and to you.

I would like to add we can not advertise on the forum your Fathers Scooter one of the rules I am afraid.

Giving out personal details.  If you have to.  Mobile numbers and Emails.

What I would suggest is find a store .  That deals in Mobility Scooters.  Speak to them .

Should be one on line.  In your area.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @yeifival
    Welcome to the community! Is it from the NHS or a mobility shop?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @yeifival
    Im so sorry for your loss and how kind of you to want to pass on his scooter, here is a bit of information about second hand equipment:

We can now accept donations of second-hand disability equipment within a 30-mile radius of Milton Keynes, covering Dunstable, Northampton, Bedford and Buckingham. Call free on 0800 011 3005 for details. We can't take toileting and bathing items such as hoists that we cannot quality check.

If you have items in good working order that you no longer need outside our collection area, here's how to make sure your equipment continues to benefit disabled people.

Selling used disability equipment

Disabled Gear sells unused and unwanted mobility aids and disability equipment. Users sell second-hand wheelchairs, scooters, standing frames, hand bikes, mobility and handling equipment, adapted cars and vans. Tips on selling.

Other places you can sell unwanted equipment include:

Recycling disability equipment

• Freegle and Freecycle groups match people who have things they want to get rid of with people who can use them. Check out your local groups.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness