Income support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Income support

Anthony1987
Anthony1987 Community member Posts: 93 Listener
Has anyone eles income support gone down to £35.10 a week i just had letter saying that's what i be getting from the 28th i do get care allowance every week but don't get why its gone down now 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Carers Allowance affects Income support and as Carers Allowance will be paying you the money then this is taken from your Income Support £1 for £1. CA pay you the £64.30 per week, month or 3 monthly which ever you chose when you applied. Income Support then add a carers premium to your IS which is £36 per week. So figures are as follows... IS £73.10 per week Minus the carers allowance of £64.30 per week, gives a total of £8.80 per week, then add on the carers premium of £36 gives a total of £44.80 per week. Are you paying any money back for loans or anything?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Anthony1987
    Yeah from a budget loan 9 quid a week but when i phoned up there said it's cos of my dla stopping but doesn't say that'd letter i still have some rent to pay etc but they havn't put that'd down so gonna have to send them a letter 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you claim Carers allowance for looking after someone?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Anthony1987
    Yeah but gonna come of that'd soon as i can't do much house work with wat i got diagnosed with 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.