Workplace discrimination- mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Workplace discrimination- mental health

Leigh6873
Leigh6873 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in Work and employment
Hi since being told about my mental health conditition in 2016 and the cause has lead me to a whilwind of discrimination in employment tribunal and unable to work and at tribunal for esa and now landlord has took me to tribunal over rent arrears due to dwp changing benifits then i had to go on uc after sending my appeal meaning further delay I have just had the bailiff possesion order after they agree'd to stop it as payment from uc was sent but r being abrupt over this .This has been all in a 12 month period and has esculated further disorders in fighting for something that happenened to me that has completly ruined my trust in employers ,and the system to provide the help in getting benifits after working for the past 27yrs prior to experiancing first hand stigma in wats percieved as the modern workplace but still along way off in reality of todays workplace in lack of knowladge within mental health and behavour being the key to this thats judged by others still . Feel better for that ??my esa appeal is in oct 2018 dont know how il cope with this by then lol 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leigh6873
    Welcome to the community! I am so sorry for what you've been and currently going through. I wish I knew what advise to give you but I don't, I'm sorry. Another member of the community may be able to share some advice and tips and will be in contact with you soon. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you :) i wish you all the best!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leigh6873, and a warm welcome to the community! 

So sorry to hear about your experiences- it's clear that you've had to deal with a lot, and I'm truly sorry to hear about the discrimination you've faced. If you feel up to it, it might be worth speaking to somebody in the Scope helpline team to see if there's anything they can advise- you can call them for free on 0808 800 3333, or find other ways to get in touch here.
  • Leigh6873
    Leigh6873 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi iv had my esa hearing was only judged over time of assestment got 18points and under s2 and s35 but still dont know what will happen now .Iv sent my pip form should i tell them about esa desision and will it help my pip claim now. I put yes to some questions due to not noing what it ment but not told the amount of examples it ment after i was sent examples by mind charity . Any advise on back pay my tax forms when swapping from esa to jsa say count as taxable income whats that mean ta
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s very complicated and I don’t think esa and pip are related but hopefully someone will give you advice. I would try my local cab or welfare rights team. Good luck

Brightness