Caring for two disabled children and being forced to work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Caring for two disabled children and being forced to work

Options
shaz5059
shaz5059 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in Work and employment
I have 2 children with a disability and me & my wife are carers for them.
The jobcentre are forcing us both to work when the kids are at school but that is the only time me & my wife get time together and also to go out and do our bits & bobs.

I just don't know what to do.
They don't want to hear what feelings or what struggles we are going through and just keep on repeating the same thing over and over again.

THEY ARE LIKE ROBOTS THAT DONT FEEL FOR NO ONE

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME WITH ANY ADVICE 

MANY THANKS 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @shaz5059
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what you're currently going through. Unfortunately I am unsure how to advise however I'm sure other members of the community may be able to give you advice and will be in contact with you soon. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @shaz5059 Pleased to meet you welcome.  Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry what has happened regarding the Jobcentre.

Understand the situation you are in .  It is difficult to know how to advise you.

I agree with you for some time should be spent with the children you have.  I do think you need to speak to some one who can come to agreement with Job centre.

I know the harsh realities of the system and the website you need to look at every day.  Universal Job search is part of the agreement .

You need to look for a job.  Look at what ways you are doing to find work and that all it entails. Do not do this then get a sanction. I know all about this and much more.

Unfortunately it is never easy for the staff to listen to you. You are on a conveyor system.  Obligations and demands are and have to be met.

Including being forced to go on pointless wasted times of training programmes. Introduction to work.  Where I met a very naïve leader of the course. You met them so have I. Got her job and damn any body else.

Told her the honest truth. That all changed for her.  When let it slip if she ever became ill or even disabled walk a mile in our shoes.

Then forced onto a another training company called Igueus where the Jobcentre do not want to know.  You only go to the Jobcentre and sign on. Anything else forget it. Igueus help you. Of course they do not. Not bothered at all.

May I advise then in my opinion that you need to find some one to support you through this.  I did ask the lady who was signing me every time.

Not listened to and then I bought in two support workers.

This all changed and my agreement was altered to my wishes what I need to do to still find work.

Unfortunately I became too ill to continue and had to sign off sick. Claim ESA in the support group.

I believe you can do this. Ask to speak to the Manager make a complaint if not listened to.  Understand and do feel for you both.

Hope that helps.

Pleasure to meet you

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness