I've added up my points. Will I pass with what I have or does it depend on a caseworker decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've added up my points. Will I pass with what I have or does it depend on a caseworker decision?

hollx91
hollx91 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi can anyone help so today I got a copy of my pip assessment (not the decision) but I added up the points and I wanted to know if I pass with points have I got it or does it depend.on dwp caseworker decision Thank you holly

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hollx91 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am unsure of an answer to your question. Some one from our community will know and advise.  Might be a member of our team.

Have a look at our benefit advice and information. On PIP. Also speak to CAB  for any thing benefit.

Some thing to consider.

We are a supportive friendly community. Care and share.

Please ask if you want to know anything. Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @hollx91,

Welcome to Scope's online community! :)

I found this information on the Turn2Us website about the amount of points required for both types of PIP:
    "You get the standard rate if you score between eight and 11 points for your mobility needs in the PIP test. You get the enhanced rate if you score 12 points or more."

However, I am not sure if the decision is based on points or a caseworker decision, so I have moved this into our dedicated PIP category, where other members of our community will be able to offer advice and support to help answer your question.

@BenefitsTrainingCo, would you be able to help with this, please? :)

Liam
  • hollx91
    Thank you its so stressful at moment
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    The descriptors that were ticked are a recommendation for a decision maker. Usually they go with the report and it's rare for them to go against it but it can happen.  If the points add up to more than 8 points in each part..daily living and mobility then that's what the decision maker is likely to go with. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JoAnne143
    JoAnne143 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hello, how many points did you get from your assessment? 12+is enhanced. 
  • hollx91
    I got 16 on mobility as a cant walk at moment and I got 20 on daily living so im just so stressed wish I hadnt added them up now major stress head scared the Will still say no 
  • JoAnne143
    JoAnne143 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    You will be fine xx Which area are you in? 
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    Don't be fooled to these questions very tricky cause I spoke to my lawyer other day about engage part of it last question I told her it complyed with me she said only for people who physically kant get out. Dressing part on the bed will still. Be zero these questions very tricky I ring fightback get help on this or wise u will fail 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    The poster has had the acessment and has received the report which indicates that she will receive enhanced in both daily living and mobility but has to have he award confirmed by DWP in her award letter. The answers you put in your application form are used by the accessor to asatain what your actual,abilities are in relationship to the answers you submitted in your application form. So Sam12  any thing you write in your application form regarding your abilities to do or unable to preform will have to be justified at your acessment for the accessor to award or not award you points.
  • hollx91
    I was awarded full for both thankyou I found out Friday 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    That's great to hear, @hollx91 - congratulations! :)
    Liam
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Hi my report went o  the exact same points the assesers gave me .well done xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.