Newbie, parent carer with a disability. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Newbie, parent carer with a disability.

Rapunzel
Rapunzel Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi, my name is Rapunzel!
I am a parent to a 15yr old daughter who has ADHD and Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome, part of the Autistic Spectrum. At the moment I am a full time carer for her but, all that may change when she turns 16.
To add to the whirlwind, chaotic but, extremely interesting and 'keeps you on your toes' lifestyle I have due to my daughter's conditions, I have a list of medical issues myself. The main problems now are I have psoriatic arthritis and fibromyalgia. These are both in the middle of a flare up, making it difficult for me to walk or complete a lot of daily tasks. Then on the odd days I can achieve, anything close to what could be considered a normal daily routine, it takes me numerous days to recover, as I have debilitating fatigue. I am unable to stay awake for longer than 30mins before crashing out again.
I think that's the most interesting facts about my life, sunshine and light are not what most people would use to describe it but, minus the pain I suffer, I have gotten used to the disorganisation and chaos, so I'm not sure I'd want to be without it now. As I said to begin with, it all makes my life extremely interesting and keeps me on my toes.

Comments

Brightness