LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

starrjay1
starrjay1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited September 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there, 
last year I got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis which has left me with hardly any mobility now.
I am on universal credit and now I am entitled to LCWRA (limited capability for work related activities) and have been awarded this but in my letter it says I have to wait 3 months to receive it. Does anyone know if you get back pay the 3 months you wait for it.
thank you 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @starrjay1   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. I am unsure of an answer to your question. There will some one from our community or a member of our team will advise.

We are a supportive community. Friendly, care and share.

Please can I suggest have a look at our benefit advice for answers to your question.

Speak to CAB could be something to consider.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • starrjay1
    starrjay1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you for your reply this is stressing me out a lot! How do I look at your benefit advice please.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @starrjay1 Sorry to hear of your plight. I suggested looking at our benefit advice because it does help.

To speak to others who are like your self. Find answers.  Get support.

Benefits are so complex and confusing. 

Understand about the stress. Sorry your not good..

You will see Employment Finances and disability benefits.

Lists Employment Issues, Finances and ESA.

Hope you find the answers. Some one from our community who knows about benefits or a member of our team.  Will be along.

I would suggest speak to CAB just an idea. Have a wealth of benefit knowledge or expertise.

Know they have a website so do DWP just something to consider. Looking for answers.

Hope that helps.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    If you're awarded the LCWRA before 3 months then payment doesn't start until month 4 of your claim. There will be no backdated money. As stated in your other posts, LCWRA isn't payable for the first 3 months of a UC claim. After this then you'll receive an extra £328 per month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.