Hi, my name is sherrie55!, I am disabled and a carer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sherrie55!, I am disabled and a carer

sherrie55
sherrie55 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have numerous problems. I won't go into them now. I need help and support from somewhere
my partner has just had tumours removed from his lung and his colon/ he has a stoma in place. he had the all clear from the cancer, but he has COPD and its getting worse, he wont give up smoking and is still drinking.  I feel angry at him and sorry for him all at once, I have made an appointment with COPD nurse for this friday for him I just hope he listens.
I  have Bursitis and arthritis in both hips, i cannot walk as far as i used too. I have depression, which is getting worse. I just need to find out who I can talk to? there doesn't seem to be support  for  people in my position.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Hello @sherrie55   Pleased to meet you . Welcome.

Thank you for joining.  I am sorry what has happened . Thank you for sharing.

Have a look at our information on Talk about Specific Conditions. Also have you contacted Carers UK .

Please can I advise speak to our help line for advice and information on Carers UK.

0808  800 3333.

Hope that helps.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sherrie55 welcome to the community and I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time.

As @thespiceman says, Carers UK might be a great place to start or you can speak to the helpline.

It must be really difficult to see someone you care about going through so much and feeling that they aren't listening to the advice given to them.  Feeling angry and sorry for them at the same time must be a frustrating and confusing time for you. I hope the COPD nurse can offer some help and support.  

This is a friendly community where you can chat to others in a similar situation, you might like the carers category. Do you have any friends and family who can offer support or just listen?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Hiya and welcome.

Brightness