GOT NEW CLOTHES AND MY REASON TO BE CHEERFUL — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

GOT NEW CLOTHES AND MY REASON TO BE CHEERFUL

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every body bought new clothes first time on line. Set up an account with an on line supplier.

Years and years of wasted money because the anxiety starts. These town centres and places like these big superstores all lovely but so daunting and scary.. The lack of choice. Time wasted and most of time wanting not to be there.

Just bought tat and sweating in front of customers and staff.

Plus the evitable questions from curious onlookers.  About the disability.

So started on Monday looking on line. Delivery to day and first time for a long time . Pleased what I have bought.

Next time do it again.  Need to share a lot easier and well no journey , no problems parking, anything like no hassle.  Pleasant morning. Monday on line.

Have to look at other things they have .  Recommend it to anybody going on line.

Only thing is in my mind is the amount of wasted money.

We have all done this bought a size too big and ended up getting in a state do I return it or leave it.

My mind was leave it and put up with it.

Lot easier on line tell you if they have it. In your size.  Can get it later if you wish. If not in store.

Need that peace of mind.   Carry on Shopping.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• welshbirdne
    welshbirdne Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Oh how lovely!!!

I love Tesco!  Was about to commit suicide but had a Tesco order coming in.  The delivery chap was most gorgeous, gave me a help line number, saved my life.

I spoke to his manager who rewarded his kindness.  
  • thespiceman
    Hello @welshbirdne   Thank you for reply  . Please can I ask .  How are you now?

Please just a gent asking. You are a valued member of our community. I hope you can if you wish to please speak to me or any of the community.

All of us who have been down the path of thinking of having bad days and those thoughts.

Try to seek some support. I use this for helping myself mentally.

Have a look on the MIND website . Talk to the Samaritans all helps me and useful to know.

I hope I can advise and be a friend and hope you have the courage and strength to talk to some one.

I try to help many people as I can do, sunshine down the line.

We have difficult days all of us.

Always here anytime. Few words or anything you wish to talk about. 

I use as say the shopping like TESCO and all helps me.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • welshbirdne
    welshbirdne Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Thank you for your response.

You are a kind person.

Tell me about yourself, if you don't mind
  • thespiceman
    Hello @welshbirdne Thanks for response.  Thank you for asking. Just an ordinary gent.

Concerned and caring for the community members.
    I am all over the forum most days. Sharing little titbits and insights of my life.

Do lots of little things to bring a smile to others.  Sunshine down the line.

I am well known my love of all things Italian. Culture, food of course and music Opera love all that.

Worth a look anytime to see .  Opera .  Seen La Boheme, Traviata.  The music, costumes and every thing else. Took a friend once how do understand what there saying she whispered.  

They have subtitles .  Silence for a minute. Then laughter from every one in our row. of seats.

Oh yes my silly daft sense of humour. A shaft of wit, that is some thing else. Your thinking of .

Like my Northern Soul and Motown in the early eighties travelled up and down all over the North and parts of the country.

All nighters.  Plus weekenders. 

What else Oh yes have Mental Health issues and disability. Have been an alcoholic for thirty years and now clean eleven.

My life is mini drama with an all star cast. Should be awarded Oscars and Emmys but in the reality just try to cope like every body else.

Be supportive with words of comfort and with a sensitive touch always.

Found God and use my Christian beliefs to help others .  Plus my life knowledge, my skills and talents to try to understand those who are hurting.

Can I be a friend today.

Have a lot of food knowledge, well being and health qualifications use them to better my way of living. Not selfish use opportunities to benefit others with my lifestyle.  Since recovery. Ongoing never stop thinking of how I can stop my self relapsing. Never goes away.

Life is so precious. Since I wasted all the time hurting and harming my self.

We all learn from one and another.

Add to that am one of the Community Champions on the forum to guide and advise all you lovely, members. In any which way I can.

Now I have said very little all about me and filled in the application form of life. We all have.

What do like to do and hope you do not mind asking a lady.  The gentleman says.

Hope to speak soon.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness