What's this please ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's this please ?

Options
JJJ
JJJ Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi 
Ive just got a second hand chair until I can get somthing through nhs which as we know takes a long time.
It's a invacare spectra xtr2 has tilt .But has this bar thing at back anyone know what it is do I need it ?

Thank you 
JJJ

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JJJ and a very warm welcome to the community! I have researched the chair and believe it is to hold luggage. Here is a picture from the PDF guide:

The full PDF document can be found here, hope this helps!
    Scope

• JJJ
    Options
    Thank for that Chloe that all I found too but these bars run down back of chair and up under the batteries maybe its a canter balance .
    Thank you 
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @JJJ

I've checked out the parts manuals for your model of chair and there is no hint of anything like this. The fact that the clamps are over the top of the safety stickers also suggests that it is an after-market addition. It is difficult to tell from your photo but I think it might simply be a 'rear bumper' to provide additional protection to the battery. I've tried to find this product online, without success, but that would be my best guess at this time.

Best Wishes

Jean  

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

• JJJ
    Options
    Thank you for looking  Jean I think that's probably right 're battery protection  bumper.

Thank you :smile:

Brightness