Enhanced rate — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Enhanced rate

hende56
hende56 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
I have sent an appeal letter toDWP ref enhanced payment which they have stopped after 11 years of getting it ??  The appeal failed. Now with the CAB office ? help I'm going to a tribunle  .any tips on this subject please, DWP are going to send me a letter ref my complaint CAB Office ? said the whole process can take some time, in the mean time I have been lucky with the family ? help to get a car ? as they know I would be so isoisolate and would be bad for me and wife. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello what was the reason given for stopping the enhanced mobility rate from PIP? There must have been a reason either some one reported you having seen you being able to do more than  you let on.
  • hende56
    I Don't  know the only thing I think I walk ? from reception to the assessment room on two walking ? sticks with great difficulty instead of using my scooter ?, which they measured was 10.5metres, but last time I did the same and got it, I should have used my scooter ? but thought ? it easier for all concerned to walk ? but very slowly to go through two doors silly me, they have increased my standard rate which they should have beeen paying me all along I cannot do much both knees have ostio arthritis for 20 years and shoulders and left hip so I cannot move much at the moment, maybe at some stage I will hav a knee replacement. I'm waiting for a letter to tell me why I have lost it
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s the trouble they , the accessors know the distances from the nearest bus stops and car parks and local train station if walking distance. So one has to be very careful in showing what one able to do in pain or not. Take a taxi there next time, they pay just got to reclaim. 
  • hende56
    Thanks for your reply I got 10 points for motorbility and as you know you need 12 that's why it got stopped I believe. 
    Kind regards hende56
  • April
    April Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    So sorry to hear about this. I hope the Tribunal overturns it. You stand a very good chance. This Assessment process is brutal and lacking in compassion, but I hear that the Tribunals are often much more sympathetic. Good luck.
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    UT (Upper Tribunal) Judge Parker, made a ruling. The DWP MUST take into consideration, not just the ability to walk, but what effect it has on you in terms of pain, heart, breathing etc;. and, the most important point "could you undertake that walk again within 'reasonable time'.Reasonable time has yet to be defined. Suggest also, you ask you GP for your last two years medical records. When you go for the Appeal, ask HMCTS for taxi fare. If you apply before 14 days before the date of the hearing they will ay you in advance. Good luck.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Tribunals are impartial, not biased as of course DWP are.

Assessor said that because she watched me walk 16m waited area to interview room then I must be able to walk up to 50m outdoors using pavements and kerbs.  Claptrap. Tribunal awarded me enhanced mobility because I can only walk up to 20m before needing to stop for a few minutes.
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Agree totally with @wilko.  If you have to use a scooter to get about normally then it was a mistake not to use it at your assessment.  I'm totally convinced that it's a trick tactic to catch people out no matter what pain it causes.  Good luck with your appeal.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Lorry
    Lorry Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    I had been on higher rate mobility for 20 years ,and lowest rate for care for 20 years. last September I had a face to face and received 4 points for mobility and 6 for self care. I waited a year to go to tribunal and the original decision was overturned and I was awarded highest rate for both for 10 years. Good luck
  • hende56

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.