Peripheral Neuropathy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Peripheral Neuropathy

nerouk
nerouk Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I was asked to surrender my driving licence by the DVLA because of Peripheral Neuropathy. DVLA then sent me a form to get my licence back (just needs a section filling in by my G.P.) I can't get a G.P.(seen 3) Who will even discuss this with me! Why don't the DVLA just say Periph Neurop means no driving license Instead of playing silly, no hope,waste my time, games with me? Any experience/advice?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nerouk
    Sorry to hear this, is the section that needs to be filled in only allowed for a GP or can someone else fill it in?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, maybe the DVLA need a doctors view on your condition before they will grant you your licence, only your GP will have the best opinion of your current condition as I expect there is or can be variable conditions that can and do effect a persons abilities to drive safely 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's highly possible that your GP thinks that you're not safe to drive therefore won't support your driving license being returned. As you've had your license taken off you because of your health then a bus pass would be available and this will allow free travel.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Have a look online for a "walk in centre"
    There will be doctors thete who will listern and read they may ask you to come back but it worked where i live
  • Nick_Butler
    Nick_Butler Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Any update on this? I am still OK driving but each time I see the Neurologist I get asked the same question. I wonder at what stage they insist on it being taken away?
    Struggling with peripheral neuropathy, getting me down and no end in sight.

Brightness