Hi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

nicky1964
nicky1964 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I'm a single mum to 2 disabled son's.. one lives with his dad .. one with me .. I'm his full time carer .. I have mental health and OCD don't go out much only to take him to college and back.. have panic and anxiety.. eating to go for more tests at heart clinic at moment.. what really gets my goat .. is my ex husband.. met a woman .. now all he thinks about is her and her daughter ..hasn't been to one hospital app in last 8 years.. my car failed it's mot .. so had to scrap it .. now got try save up for little one .. my ex husband inherited £120.000 recently .. but expects me and my son to walk and get the bus to get him to college and back 4 days a week .. upsets me so much that he can treat him like that .. I'm waiting to go to court for .. finacial order and divorce.. hopefully the judge will be in my favour award me some of his money .. as I was married to him 22 years .. moan over ☹

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicky1964, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling low at the moment- it's clear to see that you have a lot on your plate whilst you're waiting for your court date.

I wonder if you or your sons are receiving any benefits at the moment? It may be worth checking the online benefits calculator to see if there's anything you can claim that might help you out. In the meantime, I hope you find comfort and support in being a part of our community! 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear youre having such a rough time @nicky1964
    Jump in and get involved on the community, we are a friendly bunch :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness