pins needles an numbness in my fingers - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pins needles an numbness in my fingers

Comments

• AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    A few years ago I had that and it turned out to be  Carpal tunnel... Hope you found out what it is. Take care of yourself. Hugs x
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I went for my second physio appointment today. I chose to identify my hip and leg issues as I have more than one problem and it seems constructive. While I'm on the exercise bike my legs going like crazy for me unused to it, my hands keep tightening up over the handles and have to shake them off. The physio is saying to me relax you are doing so well! I'm thinking oh heck my hands are such a pain. I might wear grip gloves next time see if it helps. 
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    hi Alisonnetty. my doctor has already ruled out carpel tunnel.
  • deb74
    hi debbieo49. my hands cramp up when i grab things i have got trigger finger. i have had it for years.
  • Shon
    Shon Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Hi, 2 yrs ago i had a spinal op to release nerves in my neck that were giving my arms weaknesses. 2 yrs later ive still got troubles with my neck and both hands. Had tests done recently and now ive carpal tunnel syndrome. Had more MRI's and scans done on my spine and my lower back has nerves compressed which make my legs go weak so im on a waiting list for another op. Ive got more scans and MRI's to be done in the near future. Ive a list of things wrong with me so i wont go into that. Hope you find a solution soon. 
  • debbiedo49
    I should probably see someone’s about my symptoms but I get so anxious about appointments I avoid it
  • Shon
    Shon Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    I get really bad anxiety when it comes to doctor's. I no longer go to appointments on my own.  
  • debbiedo49
  • deb74
    hi debbie049. i think a lot of us avoid going to the doctor. i always think things will go away on their own. i have to be feeling really bad before i go to the doctors. especially as the doctors i used to go to never took me seriously. i will give you an example. i went to my old doctors with really bad somach pains and he told me it was a food allergy, i went away and 3 months later i was doubled up in pain so went back in the mean time i had lost a stone and the pain really was unbearable. i saw a different dr and he sent me for loads of tests at the hospital. i spent 18 months going backwards and forwards to the hospital having tests. it turned out i had cists on my ovaries.
  • deb74
    hi susielockett. i didn't get the shop the lanlord wouldn't let me have the shop for less than 12 months. i have sent a begging email to the estate agent but the landlord is having non of it even though the shop has been empty since february. he must of lost lots of money while it has been empty. obviously the money isn't important to him and the first shop i looked at has been empty for 12 months and that landlord wont back down either but i have been told they don't care about the shop being empty as they have loads of money!
  • susielockett
    susielockett Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Oh deb74 I am so sorry but I always think things happen for a reason. Don't let it get you down, maybe the time isn't right. Just keep looking for something better. To be honest maybe the landlord would not have been a good one anyway. I am positive something else will come up for you.

Good luck
  • deb74
    hi susielockett. theses lanlords are stupid but if they want to loose thousands of pounds in rent and paying council tax on an empty shop then it is up to them. i have contacted the estate agent about another shop as i really need a base to sell my stuff from. the hmrc have refused my tax credits again and it looks like they will keep refusing it until i can prove to them that i have got a regular amount of money coming in from the business. 
  • deb74
    hi debbieo49. i went to the doctors this morning to have a blood test and i asked about my xray the nurse said it was degeneration of my spine. suprise suprise!!!
  • deb74
    hi susielockett. i have seen another shop this morning and the landlord is happy for me to take a 6 term lease but the shop is in a quieter part of town. i am not sure i will take enough money! i don't know what to do but the longer i leave it the worse off i will be as the hmrc will keep refusing my tax credis.
  • susielockett
    Hi again deb74, you need to go with your gut. If people know you are there and run a good shop they will come to you. It may be down to how you advertise it. My daughter opened a 'shop' on itsy on here and she finds it good with no overheads. Again it depends on what income you need. Take time to think it over and go for gut instinct. Good luck.
  • deb74
    hi susuielockett. I am setting up a shop on ebay and etsy. if i am going to set up a shop now is the time to do it! i will talk to the landlord again and my employment advisor and take it from there. i need to know what sort of deposit he is looking for before i can say yes.
  • deb74
    hi susielockett. good news! i have got the shop!!! the landlord didn't want a deposit and that was the only real issue about opening the shop. it is all systems go now. i am really excited but a little bit nervous at the same time!
  • susielockett
    Hi deb74 what brilliant news for you. Is this the first shop or the second you looked at?
  • susielockett
    And no need to be nervous, everything happens for a reason so good lluck
  • deb74
    i have actually looked at 4 shops. the first one the land lord wanted a massive deposit and the second landlord wouldn't let me have a 6 month lease and the 3rd shop had really high business rates.this shop has no business rates which will save me about five thousand pounds.

Brightness