Carers Allowance change? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers Allowance change?

ACGC
ACGC Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My carer has changed from one person to another. I get carer’s allowance. How do I change the name of my carer and get the payment sent to the new one?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ACGC Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am unsure of an answer to your question.  Some one will know from the community or our team.

We are a supportive, friendly community.  Care and share.

Lots of information, advice and plenty of new friends. Please ask if we can help with anything some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    As far as i am aware it is up to the carer to apply for carers allowance and prove eligibility not for you to claim and have the money sent to the new one
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    ACGC said:
    My carer has changed from one person to another. I get carer’s allowance. How do I change the name of my carer and get the payment sent to the new one?
    Hi,

You don't get the Carers Allowance, the person that cares for you claim it and payment is made to them.

As Markboys has said, the person that claims carers allowance for you now needs to stop the claim, then the new carer can then claim the carers allowance but this will depend on their circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.