Jewellery box for visually impaired people- My GCSE Project — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Jewellery box for visually impaired people- My GCSE Project

Options
Barney42
Barney42 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in Research and opportunities
Hey, I was wondering if anybody could be of any help with my GCSE project. I am taking DT GCSE and I have chosen to design a product that helps people with visual impairment. My initial idea was to create a jewellery box with different compartments and textiles to tell them apart. I was also thinking of a large magnified mirror attached to the box on a hinge so it could swing up and down. Your thoughts/improvements would be greatly appreciated. 
Many thanks,
Barney

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Barney42
    Welcome to the community! This sounds like a great idea, I am visually impaired. I am trying to think of suggestions but I will get back to you on that. Just wanted to welcome you and ensure you that you're post had not gone unnoticed! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Barney42
    Options
    Thanks for your reply I appreciate it. Will stay in touch thanks :smile:
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Barney
    I think using different textures is a brilliant idea. Mirror would be very handy too. I'm just struggling to think of a suggestion for necklaces as they easily get tangled up
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Barney42
    Options
    Thanks I can imagine that necklaces would be a problem. I'm struggling to think of a suitable solution at the moment but I will get on it! :smile: Our project is all about an iterative design process which means we have to constantly improve our designs. This will be a great improvement once I think of a solution. Thanks for your reply it is much appreciated :smiley:
  • Tom123
    Tom123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I think this is a great idea, and would love to see it in action. I think this will help a lot of people gl :)
  • Zan342
    Zan342 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Barney42 said:
    Hey, I was wondering if anybody could be of any help with my GCSE project. I am taking DT GCSE and I have chosen to design a product that helps people with visual impairment. My initial idea was to create a jewellery box with different compartments and textiles to tell them apart. I was also thinking of a large magnified mirror attached to the box on a hinge so it could swing up and down. Your thoughts/improvements would be greatly appreciated. 
    Many thanks,
    Barney
    Hello I am currently doing my gcse dt nea and am also struggling to make my jewellery box inclusive for visually impaired people and colour blindness I had the same idea but am not sure hit execute it as many more males suffer from colour blindness and my client is female and product is fairly girlie - also how did u execute the design and do you have any tips I am struggl8ng and am predicted a 9 😭 - also do you perhaps have a copy of your coursework or nea or any tips for it   

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.