ESA with EDP to PIP with SDP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA with EDP to PIP with SDP?

PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
My girlfriend currently receives £127.15 per week ESA (which she said is bolstered by EDP).

She is currently awaiting her PIP decision letter after consultation.  She was reading tonight that if she is successful with just the daily living component, it along with receiving ESA, will qualify her for SDP.

She is just wondering, will SDP replace or be in addition to EDP?

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi @PIPnewbie
    If she is entitled to the SDP that will be in addition to the EDP not instead of it.
    Not everyone is entitled though. If she lives with any other adults (unless they are also in receipt of PIP-DL or DLA-care) or if anyone receives Carer's Allowance for her, she will not be entitled.
    Hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Hi @PIPnewbie
    If she is entitled to the SDP that will be in addition to the EDP not instead of it.
    Not everyone is entitled though. If she lives with any other adults (unless they are also in receipt of PIP-DL or DLA-care) or if anyone receives Carer's Allowance for her, she will not be entitled.
    Hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Mary

She lives with her grandparents.  Is that a no then?

Many thanks for your reply.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Unless both of her grandparents receive a qualifying benefit like DLA mid/high rate care, PIP daily living or Attendance Allowance then no she won't qualify for the SDP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.