Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

susankay
susankay Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hello. This is my first post. Dwp recieved my ar1 form 2nd august. I phoned them 3 weeks ago and my form was with the DM. I have heard nothing since. Any ideas as to how long they take

Comments

• Saracen
    Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
    Have u had an assessment?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Most people have face to face assessments even for reviews. Have you had one of these? If so then there's no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susankay
    No I haven’t had an assessment
  • susankay
    8 weeks seems a long time to wait for an apointment
  • JO2907
    JO2907 Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Hi susankay sorry to but in on your post, but i am in the same situation as you at the moment. Can you help me? I sent my pip review form back 3 wks ago, did they let you know they had received it or not? because i'm worrying now that is hasn't got there!!. Thank you Jo2907
  • susankay
    I have never had any communication from them. Give them a ring and they will tell you the date they received your form. That’s what I did. Some people get text messages from them but I never have. 
  • JO2907
    Thank you for your reply. I've never received anything from them previously either. Have you heard anything from them yet?. I'm just wondering how long the wait is this year!!
  • susankay
    It’s 9 weeks now. Will be 10 weeks on Thursday since they recieved it. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    You are in for long haul unfortunately 
  • JO2907
    I suppose it depends on backlog in each area especially now there suppose to be reviewing all the people who have been underpaid in the past. I'm in Leeds, but 10 wks is a long time, thought you might have had a letter for a f2f appt or decision by now. Please update this post when you do and Good Luck!!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Made more difficult for the claimant because of the DWP moving staff around to various other benefits to prop them up. 
    I would hate to guess what the staffing levels are like now in terms of numbers, excluding agency staff, when compared to 10/15 years ago bearing in mind the extra work load increasing year on year.
    As an example and why I jumped ship and retired from the Civil Service earlier than I intended. Pre 2008 in my department of 52 investigators and support staff we had a work load maximum of 12 new cases a month to investigate and clear. By 2009 the department reduced the number of staff down to 24 and investigators were then expected to take on and clear 24 cases a month. That was me gone! 

It is much like the young lad trying to plug the leaks in the dam using only his fingers and toes.
  • JO2907
    Hi Yadnad Very True your last Statement. None of us Claimants have a Clue what goes on behind the DWP walls. Thank you for your insight it was Very Informative. At least while i'm waiting for the duration they are still paying me, so i can at least save a bit more money until they send me for a f2f. I have to think that way otherwise i would have a Nervous Breakdown!!
  • Heidi415
    Heidi415 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Hi I am in a similar situation to you. DWP received my AR1 form on Tuesday 7th August and I have yet to receive an assessment date or award. The only communication I have had was a text a few days after sending the form to say they had received it. Do you think it is taking longer than usual because every claim has to be looked at again due to the mental health and journey planning change? I know they say it can take up to 16 weeks but this hasn't been my experience in the past. I am driving myself mad worrying about it, second guessing what is happening.
  • JO2907
    Hi Heidi your Lucky i haven't even received a text to say theyv'e received my form, so i'm praying they have. I think that Reviews will be taking longer as i read somewhere that there dealing with people they Refused it down to Mental Health first, but who knows for definite?. I don't even know if they will Review my case as i currently get Standard rate for Mobility and can't take a journey so according to new ruling should get Enhanced. But i'm same as you driving myself mad with worry not knowing what's happening!!
  • poppy123456
    The changes to following and planning a journey won't apply to everyone and it doesn't mean you'll be awarded Enhanced mobility, it totally depends on how your conditions affect you.

There's not timescales to decisions or assessment waiting times. The 16 week guide is just a guide and means nothing. It could be much longer than this. Expect a face to face assessment whether it's a review or first claim because most people have them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JO2907
    Hi Poppy i'm not Expecting to get Enhanced was just thinking with me being reviewed now they might look at it again with a view to the New Ruling.
    I am also Expecting another f2f as well.
    I posted to try and find out how long people are waiting roughly for a f2f from sending there Review Form in. But thank you for your input.
  • sarah50
    sarah50 Community member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    @JO2907 hi in my case I had my review form at the beginning of May had my f2f in mid June. The decision was made on the 19th September but I didn't receive that letter until the 27th. But as has been said there seems to be a wide variation around the country.
  • poppy123456
    JO2907 said:
    Hi Poppy i'm not Expecting to get Enhanced was just thinking with me being reviewed now they might look at it again with a view to the New Ruling.

Yes they will because that's what they do for a review, they reassess you. Waiting times for assessments vary across the country, depending on backlog in your area.
  • Heidi415
    Heidi415 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Thank you for replying. I fully expect to have a face to face assessment as I did with a previous renewal. I didn't realise the 16 weeks was only a guide. I do not expect to hear back til at least the end of November. The DWP have stated they are prioritising claims that were disallowed over claims already in receipt of awards which is understandable. We are lucky that at least we will still receive payments, it is just hard living in limbo. I have found this renewal far more stressful than my initial claim or first renewal. I was just trying to gage how long people are waiting in between sending off the forms and having the assessment.
  • JO2907
    @sarah50 thank you very much. So you waited roughly 6 wks till f2f, but like you say there is a wide variation around the Country. As @susanRay has been waiting 9 weeks and still waiting. If anyone from Leeds is waiting after sending there Review form, i would be Very Greatful to hear from them then i'll have a better idea. But thank you to Everyone who has Responded!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.